Author Topic: having trouble finding "toy" instruments on amazon  (Read 92 times)

Offline drproximo

• Doesn't Panic
  • fnord
    • blaugh
having trouble finding "toy" instruments on amazon
« on: June 21, 2017, 12:18:03 PM »
many years ago I had a toy concertina. I got it at a department store for about $30, but even though it was a "toy" it was a legit musical instrument. I've decided I want to start adding small inexpensive instruments to my amazon wishlist, and I just did a search for "concertina" and found nothing less than $200. I did a search for  "toy concertina" and only found items that are much more toy than instrument. I'd have no problem finding an affordable ukulele or harmonica, why is a cheap concertina so elusive? I see 3 likely explanations:
  • I suck at searching
  • amazon sucks at categorization and search results
  • amazon just doesn't sell what I'm looking for
thoughts?
"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."

- Jack Kerouac, On The Road

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Well Established
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline drproximo

• Doesn't Panic
  • fnord
    • blaugh
Re: having trouble finding "toy" instruments on amazon
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 12:27:29 PM »
Five seconds:

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=children%27s+concertina

thanks, I guess "I suck at searching" was the closest, I was stuck on using "toy" and didn't think of "children's"

the first item there is the probably-not-an-instrument that I got when searching "toy", but the second (blue and red) is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.
"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."

- Jack Kerouac, On The Road

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Well Established
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: having trouble finding "toy" instruments on amazon
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 12:30:59 PM »
Five seconds:

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=children%27s+concertina

thanks, I guess "I suck at searching" was the closest, I was stuck on using "toy" and didn't think of "children's"

the first item there is the probably-not-an-instrument that I got when searching "toy", but the second (blue and red) is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.
You eliminated the most obvious search for me, so the 2nd most was immediate.

And I nearly posted the link to the blue-and-red one alone, but went with the search URL to give you as much information as was available.

My boss once came into my office and asked me to find something that had frustrated him, then left. Before he got seated at his desk I called "found it!"

"How the HELL does he do that?"  ;D
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

personate-rain
personate-rain