Author Topic: 2011/2012 Beastnode SGU Minecraft server  (Read 20301 times)

Offline NekoNinja

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • The Cake is a Lie!
Re: 2011/2012 Beastnode SGU Minecraft server
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 04:04:03 PM »
I'm guessing I have to wait for Zytheran to email me?  :P

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
    • The old Skeptics SA website
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 02:23:09 AM »

I'm going to need to improve/change the system and get people to email me as well. The google docs updates don't let me know when a new new request comes through.

Offline ben_german

• Well Established
  • Inspector Rex
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 03:12:26 AM »
Is the server still not working with the update or do i have a different problem why i can't lock on?
D'oh!

Holy shit, I totally killed the doctor. :argh:

Offline NekoNinja

• The Cake is a Lie!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »

I'm going to need to improve/change the system and get people to email me as well. The google docs updates don't let me know when a new new request comes through.

So are you trying to say that I should email you or that you just didn't know another request was sent in?

Offline NekoNinja

• The Cake is a Lie!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 01:25:19 PM »
Is the server still not working with the update or do i have a different problem why i can't lock on?

It would seem I can't get on either. Presumably because the server only works for 1.1?

Offline Enkidu Shamesh

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 05:45:52 PM »
we are waiting for our add-ons to be updated to 1.2.  Since the bukkit team has been hired by mojang this may take longer than normal - I'm really not sure.  We may have to look into going back to a vanilla server for a while.

Does anyone know if there is a timeline for the bukkit software update?

Also, happy st. pats!  I'm casting out snakes in his honor!  Well, one snake . . . .

Offline Beη

• Well Established
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
we are waiting for our add-ons to be updated to 1.2.  Since the bukkit team has been hired by mojang this may take longer than normal - I'm really not sure.  We may have to look into going back to a vanilla server for a while.

I used to play on another sever with bukkit plugins.  The server updates were never more than 1 or 2 weeks behind.  I'm not sure about now, though.

But anyway, boy, have I been busy!  I'll be back on the server soon though.  Before I got busy with school I was playing around with a rail system on the main world (forgot which gliese, the one with the castle spawn).

Also, I've never been able to get the transportation portals to work.

Offline NekoNinja

• The Cake is a Lie!
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »
I'm excited!  ;D

I'm actually quite new to Minecraft, so I don't know all too much about it. Ive been recently trying to learn a little about how the redstone works.

Offline Beη

• Well Established
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 10:19:59 PM »
I'm excited!  ;D

I'm actually quite new to Minecraft, so I don't know all too much about it. Ive been recently trying to learn a little about how the redstone works.

Here's some motivation:

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 05:39:08 AM »

Also, happy st. pats!  I'm casting out snakes in his honor!  Well, one snake . . . .

We've never been on a vanilla server, Mojang or otherwise!

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 05:47:09 AM »

It would seem I can't get on either. Presumably because the server only works for 1.1?
Server is running 1.1 so you need a matching client running 1.1. You can download a 1.1 client and then choose between the 1.1 and 1.2 depending .  Unfortunately  I'm about to be away for 3 weeks and working long days without access to my usual internet so I'm loathe to make a change up to 1.2 while I'm away as I can't guarantee I'll be able to get onto the server backend to fix anything that breaks.  :(
However I'll hopefully be able to check this forum   :-\ and I'll try to get access with a laptop with my 3G phone as an wireless AP  :-\ so things might happen.

This issue with the registration is that it relies on me to manually check the Google docs spreadsheet that handles player registrations , it doesn't send me anything like an email or RSS update when it gets a new record.

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 05:55:22 AM »
Also, I've never been able to get the transportation portals to work.

Can you explain this a bit?
There are 2 portals near the castle, one on the roof and one halfway to Bunsen's farm yard. To use them all you need to do is stand in the frame. The screen will then blacken as if your logging in for the first time and then you appear in the new location. If you have bad lag, like I do, then you will have the typical falling forever thing until the  chunk your on is loaded and land with a thunk.
Portals to the Nether currently don't work due due a clash with the Multiverse addon we use. I can add portals to get around this.

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 07:57:22 AM »
FYI from our MC server provider..
DO NOT USE 1.1 PLUGINS WITH 1.2 SERVERS
As some of you may know, the Minecraft 1.2.x update came with a huge CraftBukkit update that basically rendered all plugins made for Minecraft 1.1 (CraftBukkit #1988 and below) based servers useless. However, this does not mean they don't work at all. What it does mean is that potential server crashes, lag, rollbacks, and out of disk space errors can result from using them. A very common error we've been seeing is from using an out of date WorldGuard with CraftBukkit 2000+ that causes it to spam the server.log/console until it maxes out the user's disk space. Either install the dev build of WorldGuard (and WorldEdit) or remove it completely to prevent this from happening. Running out of disk space can cause much more problems than just world rollbacks, so it is important that you keep an eye on it. Using old/outdated plugins is not recommended at all and will result in many problems, however, using dev builds of plugins have their own risks also. As always, try to keep everything on your server as up to date as possible as plugins and CraftBukkit are being updated almost on a daily basis that may fix serious bugs.

Soooooo, I need to do a pile of work and check the addons we use. Priority will be getting Multiverse working so we can have multiple worlds. I'm going to drop Sheepfeed as that issue has now been overcome natively. I'll also drop the recipe manager as the no-slime is overcome by getting it from other worlds and the desire for more new recipes hasn't occurred.  I can live without WorldEdit as nothing needs editing currently and hopefully Essentials is being brought up to date rapidly.

Ok, just checked with Multiverse and no 1.2 version yet. Craftbukkit is right up to 1.2.3 so the wait is on Multiverse.

Offline Enkidu Shamesh

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »
cool, it sounds like things are moving along :).  I appreciate your caution Z, you are doing a great job.  No rush for me, I understand that it takes as long as it takes.

Also, everyone needs to stop thinking so loud - my head hurts.

Offline NekoNinja

• The Cake is a Lie!
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »

Server is running 1.1 so you need a matching client running 1.1. You can download a 1.1 client and then choose between the 1.1 and 1.2 depending .  Unfortunately  I'm about to be away for 3 weeks and working long days without access to my usual internet so I'm loathe to make a change up to 1.2 while I'm away as I can't guarantee I'll be able to get onto the server backend to fix anything that breaks.  :(
However I'll hopefully be able to check this forum   :-\ and I'll try to get access with a laptop with my 3G phone as an wireless AP  :-\ so things might happen.

This issue with the registration is that it relies on me to manually check the Google docs spreadsheet that handles player registrations , it doesn't send me anything like an email or RSS update when it gets a new record.

XD I have no idea what you are talking about. How would I go about getting a 1.1 client? :/

personate-rain