Author Topic: 2011/2012 Beastnode SGU Minecraft server  (Read 19721 times)

Offline NekoNinja

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • The Cake is a Lie!
Re: 2011/2012 Beastnode SGU Minecraft server
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »
Is the server still not working with the update or do i have a different problem why i can't lock on?

It would seem I can't get on either. Presumably because the server only works for 1.1?
Server is running 1.1 so you need a matching client running 1.1. You can download a 1.1 client and then choose between the 1.1 and 1.2 depending .  Unfortunately  I'm about to be away for 3 weeks and working long days without access to my usual internet so I'm loathe to make a change up to 1.2 while I'm away as I can't guarantee I'll be able to get onto the server backend to fix anything that breaks.  :(
However I'll hopefully be able to check this forum   :-\ and I'll try to get access with a laptop with my 3G phone as an wireless AP  :-\ so things might happen.

This issue with the registration is that it relies on me to manually check the Google docs spreadsheet that handles player registrations , it doesn't send me anything like an email or RSS update when it gets a new record.

XD I have no idea what you are talking about. How would I go about getting a 1.1 client? :/

Does no one know then? XD

Offline Hekatombaion

• Off to a Start
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 07:02:18 AM »
Unfortunately there's no good way to get those files. If you do find a way to get a minecraft.jar from 1.1 then you just replace that file in C:\(username)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin
In the future try to make a backup of your minecraft.jar before you apply updates, if you want to get onto most multiplayer servers.

As for redstone I'm always happy to teach people, though I don't log in all that much lately so maybe that would take some scheduling-

Offline NekoNinja

• The Cake is a Lie!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »
Unfortunately there's no good way to get those files. If you do find a way to get a minecraft.jar from 1.1 then you just replace that file in C:\(username)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin
In the future try to make a backup of your minecraft.jar before you apply updates, if you want to get onto most multiplayer servers.

As for redstone I'm always happy to teach people, though I don't log in all that much lately so maybe that would take some scheduling-

Thank you very much! :3

For anyone else who may want to switch. Just download this and follow the above instructions. Make sure to not lose your 1.2 minecraft.jar! When the server is finally able to update, you can just switch back.

Offline Hekatombaion

• Off to a Start
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 02:02:18 AM »
Oh how nice, it's about time somebody started hosting those- or have they been all along?
Well either way I've never seen sites linked when other people had this issue during prior server update delays.

You don't have to be very careful about the 1.2 jar though- if you delete the whole bin folder minecraft will download the most recent one when you try to run it.

Offline AnarchistBunny

• Off to a Start
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:02 PM »
1.2.4 released today. Wooden planks now have different colors depending on the wood they came from(awesome), supposedly Heiroglyphic Sandstone blocks but didn't see them in the update notes. I did however notice this:

• Cats will now sit on chests and beds, preventing players from using them.

Awesome.

Offline Beη

• Well Established
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »
1.2.4 released today. Wooden planks now have different colors depending on the wood they came from(awesome), supposedly Heiroglyphic Sandstone blocks but didn't see them in the update notes.

:pervert:

Offline Enkidu Shamesh

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »
If we get bored with the SHIS2 map (the sky map), this may be a good replacement.  Just make sure we get fair warning of the change - there is a great deal of diamond, gold and glowstone waiting to be harvested on SHIS2.

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
    • The old Skeptics SA website
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 08:47:17 AM »
If we get bored with the SHIS2 map (the sky map), this may be a good replacement.  Just make sure we get fair warning of the change - there is a great deal of diamond, gold and glowstone waiting to be harvested on SHIS2.

Um yeah... however you're not really meant to take stuff to OR FROM the challenge maps...and definately not lug it to a new world.

Offline Enkidu Shamesh

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
Um yeah... however you're not really meant to take stuff to OR FROM the challenge maps...and definately not lug it to a new world.

Okay, but . . .

I suggest that we modify our import/export rules a bit.  I propose that some worlds to be set up as "free trade" worlds, allowing unlimited import/export to those maps.  Specifically, I would like to include gleise 581 d and g, as well as SHIS2.  Any currently active challenge map would be under strict embargo, as well as any "frontier" worlds, such as Keppler 22e.

I think we might see more activity if people knew they could go to SHIS2 and harvest material to build a solid gold pyramid.  The victory monument there is as complete as it's going to get, so why not?

Yep good idea and agree with world selection. I'll have a look at what I can enforce from the server POV.

Did you change your mind about SHIS2?  The monument is complete (at least as complete as it ever will be) and as far as I can tell no one ever goes there to build.  I thought it was now open for resource extraction.

My understanding is that the import/export embargo serves to protect a given map from being broken.  In the case of the CTM maps, materials brought in would make finishing the monument too easy, while materials removed could make it difficult or impossible.  Once the monument is finished the embargo is pointless.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:37:16 PM by Mystical Atheist »

Offline Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 03:52:11 PM »
I'm having trouble logging in Z. Can you check if I am still white-listed and PM me the server address, bank account and social security #
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline AnarchistBunny

• Off to a Start
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

Okay, but . . .

I suggest that we modify our import/export rules a bit.  I propose that some worlds to be set up as "free trade" worlds, allowing unlimited import/export to those maps.  Specifically, I would like to include gleise 581 d and g, as well as SHIS2.  Any currently active challenge map would be under strict embargo, as well as any "frontier" worlds, such as Keppler 22e.

I think we might see more activity if people knew they could go to SHIS2 and harvest material to build a solid gold pyramid.  The victory monument there is as complete as it's going to get, so why not?

Yep good idea and agree with world selection. I'll have a look at what I can enforce from the server POV.

Did you change your mind about SHIS2?  The monument is complete (at least as complete as it ever will be) and as far as I can tell no one ever goes there to build.  I thought it was now open for resource extraction.

My understanding is that the import/export embargo serves to protect a given map from being broken.  In the case of the CTM maps, materials brought in would make finishing the monument too easy, while materials removed could make it difficult or impossible.  Once the monument is finished the embargo is pointless.

IMO its unfair to vanilla maps to haul substances that are in significant excess in challenge maps(metal, diamond, glowstone, wool, etc)

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
    • The old Skeptics SA website
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2012, 06:45:02 AM »

Okay, but . . .

IMO its unfair to vanilla maps to haul substances that are in significant excess in challenge maps(metal, diamond, glowstone, wool, etc)

In the spirit of the game I would suggest that transferring material between maps does not occur. At this stage the only exception would be the Gliese worlds.

IMHO is was more fun to have a rough limitation like we had with the shipping container than just a free for all. It was like exploring a new world. And the shipping container is built into the basement of the castle on Gliese 581d which is pretty awesome. It's exactly how I'd like space exploration to occur. With monuments...

Anyway Easter is approaching and hence moving up to a brand new world (Bukkit 1.2.4 build) with jungles and cats and other weird stuff.
:woop: :woop: :woop:  ;D

Offline Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »
Are we moving again?  I cannot access for some reason.
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline ben_german

• Well Established
  • Inspector Rex
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »
Me neither.
D'oh!

Holy shit, I totally killed the doctor. :argh:

Offline Enkidu Shamesh

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
IMHO is was more fun to have a rough limitation like we had with the shipping container than just a free for all. It was like exploring a new world. And the shipping container is built into the basement of the castle on Gliese 581d which is pretty awesome. It's exactly how I'd like space exploration to occur. With monuments...

I disagree about which is more fun, but that is a subjective thing.  Short of actually putting up a pole, it seems more people either agree with you or don't care enough to say either way.  That said, I yield to the collective wisdom/folly of the majority. 

It looks like I will never have my solid diamond obelisk  :(

On the plus side, there will soon be new content to play with   :D