Author Topic: LCHF and healthy eating  (Read 161474 times)

bachfiend and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
Re: LCHF and healthy eating
« Reply #2250 on: January 17, 2020, 08:26:38 PM »

The Nutrition Coalition has very serious conflicts of interests that they don’t mention.

As with any reputable organization, when any member(s) of the group publish articles in peer reviewed journals, they list any potential conflicts of interest.

To say an advocacy group itself has a conflict of interest is absurd.

Except the Nutrition Coalition isn’t a reputable organisation.

You don't know what you're talking about. Again.

Did you read the link I provided?

The Nutrition Coalition is heavy with the likes of Nina Teicholz, who is a very partisan advocate for the beef industry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Teicholz

Heavy with the likes? Teicholz is on the board. News flash, being an advocate for nutrition is not a conflict of interest. I don't see any evidence she works for the beef industry.

But even is she is, that doesn't make the Nutrition Coalition not reputable.

It does in my eyes.  I put it in the same category as global heating denial organisations.  If I want information on nutrition, I won’t at look at them.  I want more reputable sources.

Here's what journalists should opine about nutrition: nothing.

Here's what journalists should opine about nutrition, science, religion, politics and any thing else they want to opine about: Anything they want to.

Journalists have a responsibility to tell the truth. That implies just shutting up when they don’t have they’re not qualified to distinguish fact from fiction.

Journalists writing opinion pieces are expressing opinions. Journalists writing news articles and essays are presenting facts.

Also, simply writing things that you don't agree with does not mean they’re not qualified to distinguish fact from fiction.

The author has zero background in any science, much less nutrition, much less nutritional epidemiology.  She had no idea what she was talking about.  Her "opinion piece" was irresponsible, riddled with factual errors, and has been thoroughly rebutted.
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

Online CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #2251 on: January 17, 2020, 09:28:51 PM »
The author has zero background in any science, much less nutrition, much less nutritional epidemiology.  She had no idea what she was talking about.  Her "opinion piece" was irresponsible, riddled with factual errors, and has been thoroughly rebutted.

As I recall there were three rather minor facts that were disputed. Two corrections were made. The journal decided not retract the article, despite pressure. And the rebuttals themselves were riddled with fallacious arguments (mostly argument from authority and ad hominem).

If you have a link to an actual rebuttal that you're referring to I'd like to read it.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
« Reply #2252 on: January 18, 2020, 12:57:30 AM »

As I recall there were three rather minor facts that were disputed. Two corrections were made. The journal decided not retract the article, despite pressure. And the rebuttals themselves were riddled with fallacious arguments (mostly argument from authority and ad hominem).

If you have a link to an actual rebuttal that you're referring to I'd like to read it.

https://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h4962/rr-1
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

Online CarbShark

LCHF and healthy eating
« Reply #2253 on: Today at 12:31:34 PM »
https://www.guidelinecentral.com/share/pocketcard/5dadda48dd342/#i2543ef12

Guidelines for doctors treating patients with LCHF diets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Online CarbShark

« Reply #2254 on: Today at 01:34:42 PM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5040825/

Food consumption and the actual statistics of cardiovascular diseases: an epidemiological comparison of 42 European countries

Our results do not support the association between CVDs and saturated fat, which is still contained in official dietary guidelines. Instead, they agree with data accumulated from recent studies that link CVD risk with the high glycaemic index/load of carbohydrate-based diets. In the absence of any scientific evidence connecting saturated fat with CVDs, these findings show that current dietary recommendations regarding CVDs should be seriously reconsidered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk