Author Topic: Server down 2am-6am EST April 28  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Reef Tank Owner
Server down 2am-6am EST April 28
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:17:45 PM »
This is from our host provider:

Maintenance Notification
WHEN: Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 02:00-06:00 EST
WHERE: Reston, Virginia (IAD3)
WHY: Physical Server Migration
WHAT: Colo clients, dedicated servers, shared hosting, and virtual private machine nodes (iad1ovz, iad1xen, iad2xen, iad3xen)

NOTES: All services, including helpdesk, bigbrainhost.com and half of the DNS servers for secretdns.net and bigbrain
will be unavailable during this maintenance window. During this maintenance window, we ask that you send all support requests to support@bigbrainhost.com. It is important to note, customers in our DFW (Dallas, TX) facility will NOT be affected at this time.

We have expanded to a new facility. This weekend’s maintenance will help us consolidate all equipment from our Reston, Virginia location to our new home in Herndon, Virginia. For those unfamiliar with Herndon, Virginia, we will be located just outside of the Washington D.C and minutes from the Dulles International Airport.

As we move your equipment from our Reston, Virginia to Herndon, Virginia data center we will release more details. At this time, we are performing our last bit of testing and preparing the new data center for our infrastructure.  If you have any questions, please refer to status.bigbrainhost.com or submit a help desk ticket prior the the beginning of the scheduled maintenance notice.

So don't freak tonight!
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

personate-rain
personate-rain