Author Topic: Flu Shot 2018  (Read 8510 times)

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Flu Shot 2018
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2019, 07:39:13 PM »
Didn’t work.

>:( :'(
Last year I got my shot, then I got the flu, then I got double pneumonia. Got my shot again this year. Free at Walgreens for people in the VA system.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Online daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2019, 09:46:01 PM »
Got my shot almost a month ago. Happened to be at the doctor's office because they wanted to test my poop. They offered to give me the shot there and then, and they had the high-dose quad-valent available, so I got it. Even if it doesn't work every year, it's free, it doesn't hurt (the shringrix vaccine hurt a lot) and statistically I'll be better off if I get it every year. I was concerned that it was a bit early, but the nurse said she had already gotten hers, and that cases have been reported.

The weird thing is, since I started getting the flu shot every year I seem to get fewer colds.

I also think that my particular version of hydrotherapy (paddling on the ocean and swimming in it) makes me healthier.  ;)
Daniel
----------------
“You say you love your children above all else, and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.”
-- Greta Thunberg

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2019, 07:11:24 PM »
Got mine on the first of oct. I have heard that this year's match is not that good.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2019, 07:13:17 PM »
I'm in the unvaccinatable immunocompromised portion of the population who thanks all of you for helping to delay transmission, even if you don't have immunity.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2019, 07:16:18 PM »

The weird thing is, since I started getting the flu shot every year I seem to get fewer colds.
Not had a cold in twenty+ years. Faithful in getting my flu shots. Correlation alert.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

personate-rain
personate-rain