Author Topic: Drug Information  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Rocket Man

• Seasoned Contributor
Drug Information
« on: April 12, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »
Anybody know where to find academic information about drugs? prefferably as unbiased as possible. I'm trying to learn about extacy.

Offline Trinoc

• Frequent Poster
  • Dumb, in a pocket, and proud of it.
Re: Drug Information
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:38:51 AM »
Sorry to be a pedant, but you'll probably get a lot more relevant Google hits if you spell ecstasy correctly.
I'm a skeptic. Not a "skepdude". Not a "man skeptic". Just a skeptic.

Offline drizz

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
With every intention of being a pedant, may I point out that Google is actually pretty good at recognizing misspelled search terms, so using "extasy" will actually give you almost identical results to "ecstasy", not to mention asking you "did you mean "ecstasy""?. So yeah, you were clearly trying to be a pedant, i call BS.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:55:38 PM »
Honestly, the wiki article probably isn't too bad, and is always a good place to find more technical sources.

Offline Rocket Man

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 03:04:37 AM »
Sorry to be a pedant, but you'll probably get a lot more relevant Google hits if you spell ecstasy correctly.

I spellz greet ok, Y do eveiry body goata B a Cricketic. But yeah I actually learned about it all today in class so I'm all good. Google wasn't working for me originally.

Offline Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »
I have a drug book here at the house...but honestly, Wiki does me more good.  My wife can read the drug book just fine...but a lot of what it says is over my head.  Wiki articles on drugs are usually pretty good.

Now, if this is for a report or something, I suggest not using Wiki for a source.  My daughter, for instance, is not allowed to use Wiki for a source.  So what I told her to do is read the Wiki article to get a grasp on the subject...then follow the citations to their sources and read those for more details.  You can cite the sources Wiki cites.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

personate-rain