Author Topic: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.  (Read 211928 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
Re: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #1575 on: September 01, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »
Yesterday, with only five people in a six-person outrigger canoe, we paddled from Maui Canoe Club to Maalaea harbor and back. We paddled all the way there without a break, stopped to rest in the harbor, and stopped to rest once on the way back. It was a great workout and I expected to be tired today. Instead of being tired this morning, I paddled the kayak from Makena Landing to Molokini in just one hour. I don't think I've ever made it that fast before. We snorkeled and freedived in the crater for an hour and a half, and then paddled back almost as fast, just a few minutes over an hour. I think I'm increasing my stamina. I wasn't paddling faster than I used to do, but I took far fewer rests. Only two stops on the way back, with 45 minutes between. With the time it takes to fasten the kayaks to a buoy, get my freedive gear on, and get my gear off after getting out of the water, we were out for four hours.

A great morning and an excellent workout.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #1576 on: September 15, 2019, 01:03:27 PM »
My resting heart rate is down to 45 bpm for the first time since Ive been tracking it.
I may not be able to train for a week or so though so hopefully I dont lose my progress.

Offline Friendly Angel

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Post count reset to zero in both forum apocalypses
« Reply #1577 on: September 15, 2019, 03:19:41 PM »
Regular bike ride yesterday with my regular buddy and he said- "I am envious, because I know how good it feels to be in the kind of condition you're in right now."

Amend and resubmit.

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #1578 on: September 16, 2019, 02:18:23 AM »
I just had a gym assessment.  12.5% body fat, I guessed it to be between 10 and 15. 

The VO2 max was 45.... rates excellent for a 45 year old and not bad for a 67 year old either.

I am shrinking in height, though.  Too be expected.
"Pull the goalie", Malcolm Gladwell.