Author Topic: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.  (Read 223530 times)

Online Friendly Angel

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Post count reset to zero twice, but not this time!
    • View Profile
Re: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #1635 on: January 20, 2020, 04:39:27 pm »

Me and a couple regular riding buddies.  The three of us on average, are average height.

Charlie has a 210mm crank, and thin shorts!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 04:43:53 pm by Friendly Angel »
Amend and resubmit.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Cache rules everything around me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: February 17, 2020, 09:55:42 pm »
Any tips/recommendations for someone planning to go vegetarian (focus on vegetables, giant salad once daily)?

For several reasons, I'm finally trying to make the change. 

And right out the gate, I am smitten by Wasa's crispbread.

FILEPHOTO:
Spoiler
[close]

They're light and crunchy without being crumby or crumbly. And each one's only 30 Cal - 40 Cal.  They're fantastic for quick snacks or light meals.  Load one up with harissa and diced capsicum, or hummus and diced onion.  Super good.

Makes me wonder what else I could be onto
... in war the screams are loud and harsh and in peace the wail is so drawn-out we tell ourselves we hear nothing.

Online daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: February 18, 2020, 11:21:25 am »
Any tips/recommendations for someone planning to go vegetarian (focus on vegetables, giant salad once daily)?

For several reasons, I'm finally trying to make the change. 

And right out the gate, I am smitten by Wasa's crispbread.

FILEPHOTO:
Spoiler
[close]

They're light and crunchy without being crumby or crumbly. And each one's only 30 Cal - 40 Cal.  They're fantastic for quick snacks or light meals.  Load one up with harissa and diced capsicum, or hummus and diced onion.  Super good.

Makes me wonder what else I could be onto

Big salads, lots of veggies, some fruit but not a huge amount (because it has a lot of sugar). Avoid white-flour products like white bread, white rice, white pasta, in favor of the healthier and tastier 100% whole-grain versions. If you are going to continue eating milk and/or eggs, you don't need to worry about any sort of nutritional deficiencies. If not, make sure you're getting vitamin B12 somehow.

There are vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, and if you're in a big city there are probably vegetarian cooking classes.

I suppose my main advice would be to avoid fake meat. It's probably not very healthy, and eating it will keep you wanting that flavor and knowing it's never "the real thing." Avoiding fake meat will allow your preferences to change and eventually you won't feel you are missing out on anything. Beans in their many various forms and varieties are extremely flavorful. I used to cook beans from scratch, but I'm lazy now so I buy low-sodium vegetarian chili beans, which are delicious, though you can get much more variety if you make them from scratch.

Beware of soy sauce: It makes everything taste better, and one tablespoon has nearly half the recommended maximum daily dose of sodium. Tabasco Sauce, however, is very low in sodium and all you need are a few drops. Yeah, you didn't ask about sodium, but people eat many times more sodium than they should, and processed food is generally loaded with it, including the vegetarian processed food and the processed foods in the "health food" section and the "organic" section.

Tofu is really good, but only if prepared properly. In Asian cooking it's served almost raw, which I don't like at all. Cooked all the way through with the right seasonings (which will depend on personal preference) and then sautéed until golden brown, it's absolutely delicious.

I lived for a short time in a place where I could get fresh tempeh. It was really good. I was much less impressed with the packaged kind. If you have access to fresh tempeh you might want to try it.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.
Large data of text  or Mediumtext or Longtext