Author Topic: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.  (Read 120524 times)

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
Re: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »
I like to do the same movements with different techniques,since they fell like they work the muscles a little differently.  Also, I don't feel like doing half of that is ever enough.  Unless I've completely tired myself out, it doesn't feel right.  I'm very extreme when it comes to physical activity.  I was the only girl I ever saw load trailers at fedex in the 3 years I worked there.  I also kicked most of the guy's asses.  It may have been that job, but I have an amazing amount of endurance for weight lifting, and I expect and love coming home barely able to move.  It usually goes away after an hour anyway.  Today, I did calf raises with the barbell, one legged with a dumbbell, and on the calf extension machine.  They never wore out.  It's really annoying.

My thought for the day (on the elliptical):  Holy hell that fart smelled bad.  It's a good thing the only other people in the gym today is a gay couple.

Offline khendar

• Well Established
    • TimParkinson.net
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 01:33:56 AM »
"Wow...Tool is a terrible band to run to. Those odd time signatures make it impossible to get into a rhythm."

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 04:41:19 PM »
My question exactly, you seem to have have multiple exercises that are the same basic movement/work the same muscle(s) in the same way.

All I have for shoulders is:

Military Press
1X8
1X6
1X4

Arnold press
1X8
1X6
1X4

Dumbbell front raise
1X8
1X6
1X4

Dumbbell side raise
1X8
1X6
1X4

Bent-over dumbbell raise
1X8
1X6
1X4

Upright EZ-bar row
1X8
1X6
1X4

Haha, lately I've been doing nothing direct for delts.

Seriously, I think they get enough stimulation during chest/back/triceps (obviously I'm referring to pressing movements for triceps. Actually, and for whatever it's worth, about the only thing that gets my delts sore is close-grip bench).

I like to do the same movements with different techniques,since they fell like they work the muscles a little differently.  Also, I don't feel like doing half of that is ever enough.  Unless I've completely tired myself out, it doesn't feel right.  I'm very extreme when it comes to physical activity.  I was the only girl I ever saw load trailers at fedex in the 3 years I worked there.  I also kicked most of the guy's asses.  It may have been that job, but I have an amazing amount of endurance for weight lifting, and I expect and love coming home barely able to move.  It usually goes away after an hour anyway.  Today, I did calf raises with the barbell, one legged with a dumbbell, and on the calf extension machine.  They never wore out.  It's really annoying.

My thought for the day (on the elliptical):  Holy hell that fart smelled bad.  It's a good thing the only other people in the gym today is a gay couple.

But where do you go when the exercises get stale?

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 09:19:02 PM »
Resting today.  Eating heaps and well.  Restoration.
"The home of the brave and the land of the free; the less you know, the better off you'll be"

Warren Zevon

Online DG

• The Prophet
  • Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 06:10:51 AM »
"Why does it seem like I am on the treadmill longer when the window is closed as opposed to when the window is opened"

Before I knew it time was up, but I still don't know why it seems slower with the window closed.
"If you don't like the theory of evolution you should probably skip the practical".

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »
Just finished a week of taking it easy/"de-loading" at the gym. I swear restraining myself is harder than the way I normally train.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »
I spent the last two weeks avoiding the gym as migraines and allergies ran me into the ground.  This morning, I got up early, and got jogging to the gym to make sure I'd be there right when it opened.  Unfortunately, no one from the gym was there to open it for nearly an hour and a half.  This isn't the first time this has happened.  I'm starting to wonder if I can turn my entire routine into a home dumbbell routine.

Offline khendar

• Well Established
    • TimParkinson.net
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 08:43:21 PM »
I also have been out sick for the last two weeks with a flu and chest infection. I finally got back to it yesterday and put in a half-arsed effort. Going back tonight to make up for it.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 11:03:52 AM »
Yes, I'm doing squats in the squat rack with a barbell with big weights on it.  Please stop staring at me.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2012, 11:28:20 AM »
Yes, I'm doing squats in the squat rack with a barbell with big weights on it.  Please stop staring at me.

Its because people are scared of squats for some reason

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »
That's why you do them in the squat rack.  Then you only look like part of an idiot when you can't come back up.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2012, 01:22:54 PM »

Its because people are scared of squats for some reason

For some reason? Shit, the reason's obvious—working your legs out honestly and properly is painful and horrible!

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »
:(  I kinda like squats.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
:(  I kinda like squats.

Jesus, no need for a frown, that's a blessing! I semi-dread working out legs because it's so intense and painful. They have some of the biggest, most powerful muscle groups on the body, so can handle a lot of work, which means you have to dig deep to give them anywhere near a thorough taxing.

Feels good at the end knowing you put the effort in, though.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2012, 06:14:24 PM »
I love squats, nothing like putting a couple hundred pounds on your back and making it your bitch

personate-rain