Author Topic: Non-Readers (No Book Spoilers) Game of Thrones TV Show Thread  (Read 70834 times)

Rai and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
Re: Non-Readers (No Book Spoilers) Game of Thrones TV Show Thread
« Reply #1215 on: April 15, 2019, 04:11:43 PM »
I wonder how long it takes Jon to connect the dots and realise he's banging his Aunt  ;)

Online Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
« Reply #1216 on: April 15, 2019, 04:54:21 PM »
I wonder how long it takes Jon to connect the dots and realise he's banging his Aunt  ;)

I've thought a lot about this and is this even something that would bother him? I mean culturally in this universe siblings fucking only seems to be mildly taboo. And the Targaryens are incredibly incestuous anyway.

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #1217 on: April 16, 2019, 05:11:24 PM »

I've thought a lot about this and is this even something that would bother him? I mean culturally in this universe siblings fucking only seems to be mildly taboo. And the Targaryens are incredibly incestuous anyway.

The Targaryens are...but the Starks aren't. And Jon was raised as a Stark in the tradition bound North.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #1218 on: April 18, 2019, 06:43:39 PM »
Yeah but an aunt is a long way from a sibling in a quasi-medieval world.

(click to show/hide)
Mooohn!

Online Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
« Reply #1219 on: April 18, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I don't think you need spoiler tags in this thread. If you haven't watched the most recent episode you probably shouldn't be opening it.

NOT PUTTING ANY SPOILER TAGS:
Is that flight physically possible? You'd probably fall right the fuck off, right? It would take the dragon responding to your motion to prevent you from falling I feel like unless you had a harness of some sort.

Online Calinthalus

• Stopped Going Outside
    • My Page
« Reply #1220 on: April 19, 2019, 07:49:04 AM »
(click to show/hide)

I don't think you need spoiler tags in this thread. If you haven't watched the most recent episode you probably shouldn't be opening it.

NOT PUTTING ANY SPOILER TAGS:
Is that flight physically possible? You'd probably fall right the fuck off, right? It would take the dragon responding to your motion to prevent you from falling I feel like unless you had a harness of some sort.
In all fairness, I don't think a creature that size/weight could fly at all, so I'm willing to let it go.

In Dragonlance novels there was a whole harness/rig system in place for most riders.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #1221 on: April 19, 2019, 02:39:14 PM »
[
In all fairness, I don't think a creature that size/weight could fly at all, so I'm willing to let it go.

[/quote]

I wonder...could there be bladder-like organs in the dragons filled with a methane or methane-like substance? Could this not only be the fuel for their fire, but provide buoyance allowing for flight (along with perhaps hollow bones ala birds)?

Yeah, yeah, I know. The real answer is "magic" but it's fun to speculate how it could "really" work.

personate-rain
personate-rain