Author Topic: Notable - New Releases, etc  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
Notable - New Releases, etc
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:22:34 AM »
For new releases, overlooked/underrated stuff, obscure, whatever. Music that you think is high quality and worth checking out.

Here's a recommendation to kick it off: Templars - In Sacred Blood by John Zorn.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
Re: Notable - New Releases, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 05:21:14 PM »
Really don't understand why anyone would pre-order an album on iTunes...

Anyway, just previewed the new Nile on iTunes. Sounds good, looking forward to the release.

Marduk just released another one, too. Need to listen to both of these to know whether to recommend for sure or not, but it sounds like pretty much what you'd expect from them (same goes for Nile).

New Beach Boys—first release of original material in 16 years or something. Sadly, didn't really do that much for me. I like their rockier shit.

Latest Riverboat Gamblers recommended.

Offline MikeHz

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
Regina Spekor's new album What We Saw From the Cheap Seats came out last week. I was first in line. Better than Far, but not as good as her earliest stuff.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 05:41:27 PM »
Regina Spekor's new album What We Saw From the Cheap Seats came out last week. I was first in line. Better than Far, but not as good as her earliest stuff.

Hmm, that's actually not too foul. Cheers for posting.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »
New Marilyn Manson album release passed me by. Hopefully the latest is more compelling than the last few.

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 02:49:47 PM »

Cool. Bought.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
New Melvins record out. It's probably going to take a few listens to wrap my head around judging by the sound of it so far.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »
New Fiona Apple out. The record is called The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do.  :)

I suddenly feel like I get Deftones for the first time. Christ almighty, Diamond Eyes is an incredible album. Haunting, bludgeoning goodness.

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 08:59:57 PM »
Devin Townsend Project Box Set: By A Thread, all 4 albums + bonus songs. 

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:05:45 PM by David E. »
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 02:15:16 AM »
Devin Townsend is cool. I think he's best at his heaviest (Deconstruction for example).

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 09:52:06 AM »

Some of Deconstruction is a tad too heavy for me, but I love the Orchestral chaos.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

personate-rain
personate-rain