Author Topic: Deleted Accounts Policy Suggestion  (Read 7255 times)

Offline ♫♪ FX ♪♫

• Earnest Young Man
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Plutonium is your friend!
    • Is it working?
Re: Deleted Accounts Policy Suggestion
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 05:16:06 AM »
      Having missed most all of this, is there a thread, anywhere, listing all the people who have publicly left?  I'm talkin bout long time members with a history here.

(I am aware of many that quietly did so, with no fanfare, much less any final post saying so)

But what about long members who were certain and vocal about shaking the dust from their sandals?  (I'm thinking about the person who used to run the servers for the site).  Is there a list somewhere? 
It is difficult to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place. - H.L. Mencken

“That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons history has to teach.” - Aldous Huxley

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2012, 06:32:19 AM »
If they requested deletion, I make a post about it in Public Announcements. Otherwise, no, there's no such list.
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 09:02:43 AM »
So many going at the same time, reminds me of The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell - a book about epidemics of ideas.

edit: fixed author's name
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:52:47 PM by Rembrant Q. Einstein »
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2012, 12:20:36 PM »
Slick didn't request a deletion, he just stopped posting. He may be considering coming back at some point.

Offline Kwisatz Haderach

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »
Slick didn't request a deletion, he just stopped posting. He may be considering coming back at some point.

Cool.

Offline AxeGrrl

• in my cell, making a shiv out of a toothbrush and saran wrap
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2012, 07:45:20 PM »
We've lost a few reasonably prominent ones lately......

We have?  who?    when/where did this happen?

(needless to say, i'm apparently out of this loop)

Johnny Slick and Drewish

Johnny Slick is gone??  WTF?   when and why did that happen?   damn, he is/was one of the more substantive contributors around here.  If he's gone, that really sucks :(

EDIT:  Sorry Karyn, I just saw your post now.  Did he make any kind of 'announcement' in a particular thread or anything?  (i don't really do 'exhaustive' skimming of the boards, so i guess i miss some things)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:47:42 PM by AxeGrrl »
"Wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline uolj

• Well Established
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 01:38:43 PM »
Johnny Slick is gone??  WTF?   when and why did that happen?   damn, he is/was one of the more substantive contributors around here.  If he's gone, that really sucks :(

EDIT:  Sorry Karyn, I just saw your post now.  Did he make any kind of 'announcement' in a particular thread or anything?  (i don't really do 'exhaustive' skimming of the boards, so i guess i miss some things)
It was just after he started this thread: The opt-in nature of Explicit. According to Beleth, here, he decided to leave and announced it elsewhere.

personate-rain