Author Topic: Serial Podcast (WARNING: THE DUDE ABIDES)  (Read 79097 times)

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
Re: Serial Podcast (WARNING: THE DUDE ABIDES)
« Reply #1125 on: April 01, 2018, 09:32:59 AM »
It is probably good that he will get a new trial, in light of the problems with his previous one.  On the other hand, trying a case after so many years will be hard.  We all know about the failings of memory, and this case will call on people who have long since moved on with their lives to recall events that happened decades ago.  It seems likely to me that tiny inconsistencies will picked to pieces by both sides, and that no matter what the outcome is there will be no more certainty when it’s over.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #1126 on: April 02, 2018, 01:25:58 PM »
The problem for the prosecution is that without Jay's testimony, they have nothing and he has told so many stories over the years and that also do not seem consistent physical evidence. He will almost certainly be eaten alive by any lawyer not suffering from ALS.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online CarbShark

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #1127 on: September 05, 2018, 06:36:51 PM »
Hmmm... Third season is coming (http://feeds.serialpodcast.org/serialpodcast)
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #1128 on: September 06, 2018, 03:48:16 PM »
If you liked Dirty John, it seems like they have another series called Dr. Death. No clue what it's about.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

personate-rain
personate-rain