Author Topic: Beyond Burger 2.0  (Read 3837 times)

Online bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Beyond Burger 2.0
« Reply #270 on: November 18, 2019, 04:22:49 PM »
JFC.  Take it to a new thread please.  Pages and pages of semantics has wrecked this thread as a source for info for those who are interested in plant based meat alternatives.

I’m a vegetarian, and part of the ‘natural’ market for plant based meat alternatives.  As Daniel has noted many times, they’ve been around for many years.  I’ve looked at them, and decided to avoid them.  My rule of thumb is to think twice before buying any food product with more than 5 ingredients, and plant based meat alternatives contain many.  The ones I have looked at contain coconut oil, which is high in saturated oil, which should be limited in a healthy diet to less than 10% of calories (about 20 grams in a 2000 kcal/diet), which isn’t much.

The best diet and nutrition strategy is to mainly cook at home from single ingredients, to make balanced meals.  And avoid as much as possible eating in restaurants, fast food and otherwise, and eating heavily processed food ingredients and meals.
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück?

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2019, 07:31:02 PM »
JFC.  Take it to a new thread please.  Pages and pages of semantics has wrecked this thread as a source for info for those who are interested in plant based meat alternatives.

Too late. This thread hasn't been about that for weeks now.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #272 on: November 18, 2019, 07:35:20 PM »
... now that I do eat beans. (Though not at every meal.)

Do you like pigeon peas?

Never heard of them. Is that a euphemism for bird shit? I mostly eat black beans, navy beans, and kidney beans. I eat tofu which is a soy product, but I don't eat soy beans themselves. Several decades ago I made bean patties out of soybeans, but it's been over three decades since I did that. Soy has more lysine than other beans, but also more fat and less flavor.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck