Author Topic: LCHF and healthy eating  (Read 162381 times)

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: LCHF and healthy eating
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »
Oh nooo! Id have gained a whole 10 calories!!!
Edit- Actually....no. Im still good. I was just counting the core session. There was 10min of warm up/warm down I hadnt counted that gets me there.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:28:45 PM by Harry Black »

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2016, 05:29:17 PM »
Edit- Actually....no. Im still good. I was just counting the core session. There was 10min of warm up/warm down I hadnt counted that gets me there.

Offline CarbShark

« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2016, 05:31:26 PM »

As long as the exercise doesn't make you hungry too, you should be fine, then!
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2016, 05:50:31 PM »

As long as the exercise doesn't make you hungry too, you should be fine, then!
Yeah. Its weird. When I stop exercising for a while, my body pretty much just refuses food and I struggle to finish a single meal. But when Im training, following my whims hasnt posed much of a problem.
The last three years Ive done bodybuilder style cuts once per year and it all seems to be running well.
The cake I just baked and ate definitely put me over what I burned while running though!

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2016, 11:49:52 PM »
Well ES, it's a great thing to lose one's desire for sweet, isn't it. 

Kind of free's one to forget about calories, workouts and the next sweet treat... and concentrate on meat and veggies.  The exercise just comes naturally. 
"Pull the goalie", Malcolm Gladwell.

Offline CarbShark

« Reply #275 on: June 30, 2016, 12:12:38 AM »
Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Online jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
« Reply #276 on: June 30, 2016, 01:18:19 AM »
Check your calculations. How many calories would you have burned not running. Subtract that from what you did but while running, and compare that to the calories in your sugary drink!

Hey, ES.  I just did two laps up to the summits of Mt Harwood and Mt Baldy via Register Ridge on two eggs, a slice of w/w toast, and a Clif Bar.  7100 feet gross elevation gain.  How many beers can I drink tonight?
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2016, 10:46:02 AM »
Check your calculations. How many calories would you have burned not running. Subtract that from what you did but while running, and compare that to the calories in your sugary drink!

Hey, ES.  I just did two laps up to the summits of Mt Harwood and Mt Baldy via Register Ridge on two eggs, a slice of w/w toast, and a Clif Bar.  7100 feet gross elevation gain.  How many beers can I drink tonight?

All of them.  Good god, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Offline CarbShark

« Reply #278 on: June 30, 2016, 11:21:32 AM »

You may drink as many beers as you wish. IF you're trying to lose weight or improve your healthy, though, that may be counter-productive.

Online jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
« Reply #279 on: June 30, 2016, 11:52:54 AM »

You may drink as many beers as you wish. IF you're trying to lose weight or improve your healthy, though, that may be counter-productive.

Can't argue with you about the health part, but as far as losing weight goes, you're right: I could drink all the beers I wish.  My pre-beer energy deficit for the day was around –2500 kcal, which would require about 17 bottles of beer to offset.  I only got through 2.5 beers before falling asleep.

Online jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
« Reply #280 on: June 30, 2016, 11:59:15 AM »

All of them.  Good god, that sounds like a lot of fun.

It was tough but fun.  I encountered a group of seven bighorn sheep on the first summit and an animal of a different kind, the legendary hiker Seuk Doo Kim, on the second.

Offline CarbShark

« Reply #281 on: June 30, 2016, 12:09:02 PM »

Can't argue with you about the health part, but as far as losing weight goes, you're right: I could drink all the beers I wish.  My pre-beer energy deficit for the day was around –2500 kcal, which would require about 17 bottles of beer to offset.  I only got through 2.5 beers before falling asleep.

Counter productive in that your 2500 calorie deficit dropped almost 400 calories.

Beer is not an essential nutrient, doesn't contain a lot of nutrients, doesn't help that much with rehydration (due to the alcohol) and doesn't replenish electrolytes.

If you're consuming the beer around the same time you're consuming lots of sugar (sucrose or HFCS), it may cause issues for you liver.

But if it helps motivate you to keep fit (as a reward?), enjoy.

https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/beer

Online jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
« Reply #282 on: June 30, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »

Beer is not an essential nutrient, doesn't contain a lot of nutrients, doesn't help that much with rehydration (due to the alcohol) and doesn't replenish electrolytes.

Coincidentally, none of the reasons I drink it.

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2016, 03:43:14 PM »
The last of the Capetown lecture series was just published on Jimmy Moore's podcast.  Dr Tim Noakes was great looking at how medical science works, or doesn't, the power of anecdotes and the venality of one's colleagues.  If you haven't listened to an of these, ES, this is the one... but you most likely have.
"Pull the goalie", Malcolm Gladwell.

Offline CarbShark

« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2016, 03:55:33 PM »
Yup. And that one was one of the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk