Author Topic: transgender denialism  (Read 5865 times)

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
Re: transgender denialism
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2019, 09:35:40 PM »
It is the height of irony that I missed this thread, because I was dealing with the real-life drama of getting disowned by family for being transgender, i.e. recently being homeless again. And the added layer of irony, that I brought up the topic later last year, and it was conveniently downed out by the white mask losers pretending to care about social justice (SQ being one prime example).

Guess they thought I was just making it up to be funny. Which is ironic, because it is an actual alt-right talking point that people supposedly choose to be transgender because it is a trend.  ::)

very sorry for your struggles.  If there is a way we can help please let us know.
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline D4M10N

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »
It's been awhile; which specific scientifically testable claims are we talking about?

Offline Mythoclast

• Brand New
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2019, 12:49:12 PM »
Oh deary me that guy. I might want to add his book to my ever expanding backlog of stuff I want to review.
sciencebasedmedicine.org/author/braden-macbeth

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2019, 01:20:42 PM »
very sorry for your struggles.  If there is a way we can help please let us know.

Will probably be talking about it in one of the Personal thread soon.

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2019, 04:25:17 PM »

Will probably be talking about it in one of the Personal thread soon.

https://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,40009.msg9634127.html#msg9634127

A big takeaway from my experience is that being transphobic is very strongly correlated with being low class. Basically, being low class means being consumed by self-limiting hate, which is almost always primarily or secondarily about sex/gender.