Author Topic: Carbon monoxide poisoning  (Read 714 times)

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
    • View Profile
Re: Carbon monoxide poisoning
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix/comments/6nahq3/glitch_in_the_monoxide_matrix/

Posted byu/zoneoftheende
Glitch in the Monoxide Matrix

I've noticed that many redditors here suggest that it might be carbon monoxide poisoning that is causing hallucinations and the perception of glitches occuring. Is this a very prevalent thing? How many glitches are actually due to carbon monoxide and where would that insane concentration come from? lol

edit: I have a conspiracy theory. So the real purpose of this sub is actually to sell carbon monoxide detectors. Its a move by the shadow industry to boost industry sales.

Kebble
It's a famous post in reddit history that this guy thought his landlord was breaking in and leaving notes, and the top comment suggested carbon monoxide poisoning and turns out that's what it was. The OP was leaving himself notes that he didn't remember later on.

Im with you on this. I got fairly sick from sleeping next to an old faulty heater at a relitives house as a child. I dont remember it giving me visual, but i was terribly ill for a while. Pg&e came out to check after i went home and probably saved some family members some great discomfort. Although i personally did not have hallucinations, my relitives were quite convinced the house was haunted.

I also had a class mate whose family nearly died from co poisoning. My consensus from my own personal expeirence is that it makes you fucking sick as shit, not trip balls. Im very wary when people suggest co poision as a reason for anything other than illness.

4yonreadsthis

Could be a conspiracy, I guess, but you should have them. Mandatory where I live.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix/comments/6evx88/meta_can_we_ease_back_on_the_jrefstyle_debunking/

Posted byu/green-sleeves
[META] Can we ease back on the JREF-style debunking gibberish?

So I’m not a mod here, I’m just an interested reader, and at the end of the day you guys do what you like. But I can tell you why I come here. I come here to read interesting stories which are subsumed and posted under the rubric of the subreddit…tales that suggest, even if they do not prove, that there is more to reality than meets the eye, in a “glitch in the matrix” (metaphor) like sense.

Yet a considerable number of threads here are polluted with trolling nonsense, such as “have you had your apartment checked for carbon monoxide” or “you really should consider getting an MRI scan.” This is just thinly disguised trolling propagated under the faux banner of “medical concern.” First of all, unless you yourself are a physician, you shouldn’t be giving pseudo-medical advice on a non-medical internet forum. This is not the purpose of this subreddit. Nor is it a carbon monoxide monitoring forum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix/comments/7qgkrv/how_bads_the_damagecharge_your_recorder_my_texts/

AutoModerator
Score hidden ·
2 years ago
· Stickied comment

This message is now attached to all posts on r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix as a result of ongoing improvements to our sub. Downvoting this message does absolutely nothing to affect its sort order or karma (but it sometimes makes us laugh). Reports of this message will be mostly ignored. Please check our rules before posting.

Safety Notice:

If you are experiencing sudden changes in perception or emotions, there is a good chance that you are in mental or physical crisis. Things like carbon monoxide poisoning can impact your perception. Don't delay -- get to an emergency room if you are in crisis. Otherwise we are happy to read all about glitches you have experienced! - The r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix Team.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:29:35 PM by stands2reason »

Offline seamas

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 11:35:30 AM »
A little over a year ago my sister's son had a group of friends over for a sleep over.

Luckily  (one of the) the CO detector's went off before it was too late.

A couple of the boys had to go to the hospital for a stay. It was close to being a huge disaster.
The culprit was a bird that built a nest and blocked the chimney from their boiler.
There's no such thing as denial.

Offline stands2reason

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 07:52:10 PM »
I was surprised that I didn't find any interesting search trends for California, Washington, New York, or the Carolinas.

This was a common enough search that it showed up as a related search topic. WTF is going on in Ohio?

Note: the other two peaks are around Dec/Jan, while this one was in March/April.

There was a big surge in interest in this topic in Florida (Sep-2017) and Arizona (Jan-2018).

Connecticut:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 08:03:13 PM by stands2reason »

Offline stands2reason

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 08:12:46 PM »
A little over a year ago my sister's son had a group of friends over for a sleep over.

Luckily  (one of the) the CO detector's went off before it was too late.

A couple of the boys had to go to the hospital for a stay. It was close to being a huge disaster.
The culprit was a bird that built a nest and blocked the chimney from their boiler.

A great cautionary tale. If you have any gas appliances in your house, you need one. All it takes is for the exhaust flue to get blocked, and you're pretty much dead. It also commonly happens with heavy snowfall.

The exhaust gas is mostly CO2 and H2O. But the CO is what kills you. If the exhaust is backing into your house, you will most likely notice condensation from the water vapor. If you anything like that near a gas appliance, turn it off and double check your CO detector and exhaust flue.

Offline stands2reason

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2020, 07:18:34 PM »
https://www.cleveland.com/news/2020/03/behind-the-scenes-of-a-university-hospitals-drive-thru-coronavirus-testing-station.html

Behind the scenes of a University Hospitals drive-thru coronavirus testing station
Updated 7:10 PM; Today 2:23 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – An hour before the drive-thru coronavirus testing station in the parking lot of University Hospitals Landerbrook Health Center was to open, a dozen vehicles were already in line.

Inside the health center, more than 20 medical assistants, registered nurses and medical supervisors were preparing their protective gear and testing equipment for another day on the front lines of the growing COVID-19 pandemic.

They clutched face masks and eye shields as they waited in the warmth of the medical center until it was time to go outside. Cacey Kocel, a UH clinical educator, called roll.

“Judith is . . . where’s Judith?” Kocel asked. “She’s new, so if someone could work with her, someone who’s been here a couple times.”

Kocel handed out assignments.

“Everybody here is going to be at station 2 or 3,” Kocel told the group.

At Station 1, a police officer makes sure those entering the parking lot have a doctor’s order to be there.

At Station 2, patients place their driver’s license up against the vehicle window so an attendant can verify electronically if they are on the list for the day. If everything checks out, a bag containing a testing kit is placed on the windshield.

At Station 3, four tents are set up, each with a propane heater to keep the so-called “clean” and “dirty” testers warm.

The clean testers never approach the patient. They take the bag off the windshield, open it, put the label on the test tube and give the test tube and swab to the dirty tester.

The dirty side tester walks up to the car, verifies the patient’s name and date of birth, explains the procedure, and then swabs inside the patient’s nose. The dirty tester puts the swab in the test tube, seals it, and then drops it into a biohazard bag that the clean tester is holding.

https://www.bendsource.com/bend/nowhere-to-go/Content?oid=12215647

Nowhere To Go
March 20, 2020
The challenges of 'shelter in place,' with shelters full and public buildings shut
By Laurel Brauns
For some homeless people in Bend, adhering to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s directive to stay 6 feet away from other people may be impossible.

Juniper Ridge may see an influx in residents. NeighborImpact began giving out “camping kits” to regulars at the Bend Shelter who were willing to sleep outside to protect themselves and reduce risks for others in the shelter. Kits include a tarp, tent, sleeping bag, propane heater and propane fuel.

Offline stands2reason

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2020, 11:42:38 AM »
Maynard, MA:

https://maynard.wickedlocal.com/news/20200318/maynard-fire-department-suspends-non-essential-inspections-due-to-coronavirus

Mar 18, 2020 at 4:01 PM
Maynard Fire Department suspends non-essential inspections due to coronavirus

The certification of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors will continue, and residents should call the department’s business line at 978-897-1014 to schedule an appointment.

Residents or real estate agents should not schedule an inspection if they are experiencing any symptoms consistent with the coronavirus, if anyone in the home has self-quarantined or come in contact with anyone who is currently self-quarantined, or if they have traveled or come in contact with someone who has traveled, according to the release.

Stowers offered these tips

Make sure the house number is visible and attached to the home
 Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors should be less than 10 years old
  Carbon monoxide detectors should be installed within 10 feet of every bedroom and on every habitable level of the home.