Author Topic: What would happen if you detonated the Tsar Bomb in the Mariana Trench?  (Read 467 times)

Online John Albert

• Frequent Poster
Re: What would happen if you detonated the Tsar Bomb in the Mariana Trench?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »
Citations needed. He gives no references for any of it, just makes assertions. Of course the last one is ridiculous. But even the tsunami claims are based on nothing but his imaginings.

There seems to be a proliferation of these kinds of quasi-science channels on YouTube.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:11:24 PM by John Albert »

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 01:24:26 PM »
This is all wrong. Nuclear bombs cannot get wet. If they do you have to put them in rice for a day to dry them out before they work again.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Online daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »
This is all wrong. Nuclear bombs cannot get wet. If they do you have to put them in rice for a day to dry them out before they work again.

That's why he put the bomb in a bathyscaphe rather than just dropping it into the water. He probably also filled the rest of the bathyscaphe with rice, and then wrapped it in Saran Wrap.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 05:38:45 PM »
I have a running account with FedEx.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 05:54:26 PM »
I have a running account with FedEx.
Man, I do not get your sense of humor. 

I'm at work and don't watch videos at work, what is the proposed reason that someone might bomb the marianas trench?

To make a YouTube video about it, I presume.
And I figured he'd just made a video based on his last stoned conversation.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 05:59:33 PM »
I would just have them deliver the bomb. If it didn't work after they handled it I'd sue.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Online werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 05:15:01 AM »
He even starts out wrong. The pressure at depth might crush the bomb casing, but it wouldn't flatten it like a pancake. That's Acme Corporation physics.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 05:16:49 AM »
He even starts out wrong. The pressure at depth might crush the bomb casing, but it wouldn't flatten it like a pancake. That's Acme Corporation physics.
Maybe it was a hyperbole bomb? 

personate-rain