Author Topic: Realistic Dragons  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
Re: Realistic Dragons
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2019, 01:01:38 PM »
The thing about all of this is that we are basing some of this information on dinosaurs which weren't real in the first place. Dinosaurs bones were put here by God to test our faith but we all know that the Earth is only 200 years old and started with the Declaration of Independence like our founding fathers wanted.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Offline 2397

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2019, 01:11:50 PM »
Gravity isn't real because Isaac Newton never existed.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2019, 01:17:00 PM »
The thing about all of this is that we are basing some of this information on dinosaurs which weren't real in the first place. Dinosaurs bones were put here by God to test our faith but we all know that the Earth is only 200 years old and started with the Declaration of Independence like our founding fathers wanted.

http://smbc-comics.com/comic/fossils-3

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2019, 05:16:44 PM »

Tiamat or Tekisis?

That's Tiamat. You can tell because each head is a different colour. Also, chromatic dragons in D&D have distinct head morphologies - for example, black dragons have curving horns at the sides of their heads that point forwards. Blue dragons have large nasal horns jutting upwards. Green dragons have narrow, alligator-like jaws. This model shows the head shape and horn configuration of each of the five evil dragons. Tiamat is a chimera of each of the dragon types, because she is their god.

It has been a few years since I have read Dragonlance but I believe that Takhisis had multi-colored heads also.

Ah, yes. I have never read much Dragonlance so I didn't recognise the name. Yes, I believe 2397 is correct as Dragonlance rebranded some of the existing Greyhawk pantheon.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

personate-rain