Author Topic: Gigs/concerts 2015  (Read 2873 times)

Offline approx.purified

• Not Enough Spare Time
Gigs/concerts 2015
« on: December 13, 2014, 05:12:47 PM »
2015 is looking to be a good year for me for gigs already.

Slipknot/Korn at The Hydro in Glasgow (18/01).  The 15 year old in me is very excited by this one :D
Savage Messiah at Downstairs in Aberdeen (26/01)
Placebo at The Music Hall in Aberdeen (03/03).
Steve Wilson at Queen's Hall in Edinburgh (16/03)
North of the Wall Festival at The Classic Grand in Glasgow (28/03).  A one day, indoor metal festival.  Main reason I'm going is to see Cnoc Au Tursa.
Devin Townsend Project at the O2 ABC in Glasgow (30/03)
Manic Street Preachers at The Usher Hall in Edinburgh (30/05).  Performing their classic The Holy Bible in full ;D
Opeth at The Palladium in London (18/10).  This is their special 25th anniversary show and I managed to get front row seats.

Not bad considering most of the decent tours don't get announced until well into next year.

Offline Eaten Back To Life

• Triskaidekaphilic
Re: Gigs/concerts 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 12:05:31 PM »
Lots of good shows coming to the New England in early 2015. So far I am planning on
Totality/Necronomichrist and then
Mayhem/Watain for January
February has Napalm Death/Voivod/Ringworm also Revocation/Fallujah and the grand finale Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse!!
March is quiet, April has Electric Wizard and then the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival night two I will see Testament/Exodus/Nuclear Assault/Nails!!
So far it will quiet down in May after I see Ministry!!
Can't wait!!

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 01:18:56 PM »
Lots of good shows coming to the New England in early 2015. So far I am planning on
Totality/Necronomichrist and then
Mayhem/Watain for January
February has Napalm Death/Voivod/Ringworm also Revocation/Fallujah and the grand finale Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse!!
March is quiet, April has Electric Wizard and then the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival night two I will see Testament/Exodus/Nuclear Assault/Nails!!
So far it will quiet down in May after I see Ministry!!
Can't wait!!

What do you think of the latest Mayhem? I haven't heard many opinions about it, but I think it's fucking amazing.

Offline RumbleFishTwist

• Off to a Start
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 01:22:54 PM »
I'll be seeing Steven Wilson in Chicago June 5th.
Haken on 4-26, and The Aristocrats tour dates are coming any day now.

Offline approx.purified

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 07:37:52 PM »

I saw Steven Wilson on Monday in Edinburgh and it was one of the best gigs I have been to for ages.  The combination of the music and accompanying videos that many of the songs had worked really well.  There was a woman in front of me who had tears rolling down her cheeks by the end of Routine, I could understand why as it was a powerful performance.   

I've been listening to Hand. Cannot. Erase a lot this week and there are bits that remind me of something special from Monday and it just brings a smile to my face.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:46:58 PM by approx.purified »

Offline RumbleFishTwist

• Off to a Start
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 07:51:18 PM »
Yeah, I've practically been living in the 5.1 mix since "Hand" came out a couple weeks ago.

Score on The Aristocrats too!
I'll be at the Chicago show and maybe the St Louis show a few weeks later.

Offline RumbleFishTwist

• Off to a Start
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 10:26:10 PM »

I saw Steven Wilson on Monday in Edinburgh and it was one of the best gigs I have been to for ages.  The combination of the music and accompanying videos that many of the songs had worked really well.  There was a woman in front of me who had tears rolling down her cheeks by the end of Routine, I could understand why as it was a powerful performance.   

I've been listening to Hand. Cannot. Erase a lot this week and there are bits that remind me of something special from Monday and it just brings a smile to my face.

The show here is in the "evening with" format.
2 sets with intermission, no opening act. 
Was it the same format?
Did they play the whole Hand album for the 2nd set?

On the The Aristocrats front, I might even fly to North Carolina to see them.
I can't stand the south but my ugliest, dumbest cousin moved there a few years ago and I miss the guy.

Offline approx.purified

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 06:43:20 PM »

The show here is in the "evening with" format.
2 sets with intermission, no opening act. 
Was it the same format?
Did they play the whole Hand album for the 2nd set?

On the The Aristocrats front, I might even fly to North Carolina to see them.
I can't stand the south but my ugliest, dumbest cousin moved there a few years ago and I miss the guy.

There was no support band but it was a single set he did. You can view the set list here - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steven-wilson/2015/the-queens-hall-edinburgh-scotland-4bcbcf92.html

Over the course of the set the only track from Hand... that wasn't played was Transience.

Offline RumbleFishTwist

• Off to a Start
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 09:44:57 PM »
Just saw Haken last night.  They were really good as expected.
Marbin was one of the openers.  They are jazzy instrumental band.
Drums, bass, hot shit guitarist, and sax.  Kind of like The Aristocrats with a sax and a little bit less talent.
Quite interesting.
Next To None was another opener.  Bunch of high school kids.  Mike Portnoy's kid, Max on drums.  They were really talented and are really nice kids.  Max is a little guy like Mike too, haha.
Maybe a bit much teen angst for my tastes but they are kids after all.

Offline approx.purified

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 03:07:50 PM »
First gig of 2016 looks to be Steven Wilson, I bought tickets for his gig in Newcastle that was announced last week.  I had hoped for a Glasgow date but Newcastle isn't a massive trek.

I was at The Usher Hall in Edinburgh on Saturday for the Manic Street Preachers playing their Holy Bible album in full to mark its 20th anniversary.  A fantastic venue and it was a pleasure to see such a brilliant album performed from start to finish.

My phone battery died long  before they took to the stage but someone has posted a lot of good quality videos from the set. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=81&v=atPlfDdk2Wg

They did a second set of random songs from their career and ended the night with the anthemic A Design for Life

Offline RumbleFishTwist

• Off to a Start
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 01:52:02 PM »
Steven Wilson show last night was EXCELLENT!
I thought the replacement drummer & guitarist were pretty good too. Maybe not quite on Minnemen/Gowan level but they played it very very well.

Offline RumbleFishTwist

• Off to a Start
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 09:17:18 PM »
2015 was pretty good!
I saw Steven Wilson, Haken (with some good openers), and The Aristocrats.
It was my 1st time seeing any of them.  The Aristocrats are AMAZING. So much talent and they have so much fun playing together.
On to 2016!!!
Last night I got my tickets for Dream Theater.
Show #15 for me!
I hope you all get to see great shows this year!

personate-rain
personate-rain