Author Topic: Games We've Recently Played (And Wot We Fink)  (Read 42374 times)

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
Re: Games We've Recently Played (And Wot We Fink)
« Reply #480 on: April 03, 2019, 09:12:30 PM »
Is anyone else playing Subnautica? What a great game that is.

I absolutely adored it and did not find it too grindy. Can't wait for the expansion to be finalised. Probably the best survival game I've ever played.

I still haven't been able to find the power cell charger, so I'm not willing to take my Cyclops (which I have course named Polyphemus) out. Some of those really deep places are utterly terrifying. I also haven't been able to find any more of the

(click to show/hide)

so I'm still missing a lot of the good stuff.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #481 on: April 04, 2019, 05:05:58 AM »

I absolutely adored it and did not find it too grindy. Can't wait for the expansion to be finalised. Probably the best survival game I've ever played.

I still haven't been able to find the power cell charger, so I'm not willing to take my Cyclops (which I have course named Polyphemus) out. Some of those really deep places are utterly terrifying. I also haven't been able to find any more of the

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Online Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #482 on: April 04, 2019, 08:43:33 AM »
The Witness  8/10

I loved the puzzles and the visuals and the environment. But to me it lacked something, cause when I finished the game it felt I needed more information.
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline Sawyer

• Well Established
« Reply #483 on: April 04, 2019, 09:18:18 AM »
The Witness  8/10

I loved the puzzles and the visuals and the environment. But to me it lacked something, cause when I finished the game it felt I needed more information.

Have you played Braid?  It's also by Jonathan Blow, and has a much more revealing storyline.

Offline Sawyer

• Well Established
« Reply #484 on: April 04, 2019, 03:13:32 PM »
Also since you're all raving about it Subnautica is 30% off right now.  I still have Celeste C sides to finish, but I'll consider putting it next on my game queue.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/264710/Subnautica/

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #485 on: April 04, 2019, 03:38:29 PM »
Also since you're all raving about it Subnautica is 30% off right now.  I still have Celeste C sides to finish, but I'll consider putting it next on my game queue.

Don't post this.  You bastard.  Now I want it.

Offline Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #486 on: April 04, 2019, 06:17:20 PM »
The Witness  8/10

The puzzles are fantastic. Unfortunately, I can only play for a short amount of time. It makes me super nauseated.

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #487 on: April 04, 2019, 08:44:01 PM »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I want to keep talking about this but don't want to derail this thread with a whole bunch of spoilered messages, so I'm going to start a new thread, clearly marked spoiler-full so those who don't want spoilers can avoid it. :)
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #488 on: April 05, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »

Don't post this.  You bastard.  Now I want it.

Dammit, if you buy it with (or already own) Don't Starve together, you get an additional 20% off.

Now it is REALLY hard for me not to buy this.

Online Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #489 on: April 05, 2019, 02:37:27 PM »
The Witness  8/10

Have you played Braid?  It's also by Jonathan Blow, and has a much more revealing storyline.
Yes, Certainly. I played it back when it came out. Basically one of the few downloadable games I actually bought when I had the 360. Played the demo and was hooked right away.
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline gcason

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #490 on: April 07, 2019, 09:14:51 AM »
I downloaded Borderlands GOTY Enhanced yesterday. It's free on Steam if you purchased the original version. If you've thought about revisiting Pandora, now's the time. The 4K is beautiful and they updated the minimap.
My name is gcason and I approved this message.

personate-rain