Author Topic: Games We've Recently Played (And Wot We Fink)  (Read 39305 times)

Offline stretcher

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Learned it from watching you, dad
Re: Games We've Recently Played (And Wot We Fink)
« Reply #465 on: September 08, 2018, 06:00:38 AM »
Europa Universalis IV was on sale for $10 so I bought it, installed it, played it for 5 minutes and decided i didn't have 2 months to figure out how to play then opened Planet Coaster instead, they had a new content pack (vintage).  One day I will sit through all the you tube videos it Will take to get the hang of EU 4. by then i'm sure 5 will be out and I will have to do it all over again.

I love Planet Coaster, by far the best theme park simulator/builder ever made.

I tried to figure out how to play the latest Europa Universalis after I had already downed several cold ones. I lasted a little long than you, maybe 15 minutes, before I closed it and went back to the sweet embrace of Civilization 6.

Online Muriel

• Keeps Priorities Straight
    • My personal blog and homepage
« Reply #466 on: September 22, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »
Spider-Man (PS4) - 9/10

I had heard a Spider-Man game was coming, but seeing as I'm not a huge Spider-Man fan I figured I could let this go. Then I started seeing screenshots online, and all the comments on every image was overly positive.
So I figured I'd give it a shot, because certainly it can't be that good.
Boy, was I wrong. The story was good, the acting good, the villains good, plot twists were good, ending was good. All my Spider-Man experience comes from watching the various movies, which helped a lot because the big baddie was the only disappointment... not in execution, but in predictability.
Earlier today I managed to get the Platinum trophy (get all the trophies on the game).
Even though I'm now 100% complete, I might just play a bit more just for the awesomeness of swinging through the streets of New York City stopping crimes in the very good combat system.
"Anything one man can imagine,
other men can make real."
- Jules Verne

Online Sawyer

• Well Established
« Reply #467 on: November 23, 2018, 10:22:35 PM »
Bought Keep Talking and No One Explodes, specifically anticipating some long holiday get-togethers.

Played it for 30 minutes so far and it's crazy fun.  I really hope there's time to play it tomorrow at our big family Thanksgiving.

$5 on Steam right now.  https://store.steampowered.com/app/341800/Keep_Talking_and_Nobody_Explodes/

Just please tell me there's bomb serial IDs with the letter "m" in them.  You know, "M" as in "mancy".   :laugh:

Online random poet

• That's bullshit!
  • Well Established
  • On n'a jamais le temps, le temps nous a.
    • I have a LJ
« Reply #468 on: November 25, 2018, 11:10:31 PM »
Bought Keep Talking and No One Explodes, specifically anticipating some long holiday get-togethers.

Played it for 30 minutes so far and it's crazy fun.  I really hope there's time to play it tomorrow at our big family Thanksgiving.

$5 on Steam right now.  https://store.steampowered.com/app/341800/Keep_Talking_and_Nobody_Explodes/

Just please tell me there's bomb serial IDs with the letter "m" in them.  You know, "M" as in "mancy".   :laugh:

I played that game for the first time while fully drunk and tired at 5 am last Friday. We still nailed it. When you're in the zone, you're in the zone.
Aujourd'hui j'ai vu un facteur joyeux.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #469 on: November 26, 2018, 05:00:00 PM »
Spider-Man (PS4) - 9/10

I had heard a Spider-Man game was coming, but seeing as I'm not a huge Spider-Man fan I figured I could let this go. Then I started seeing screenshots online, and all the comments on every image was overly positive.
So I figured I'd give it a shot, because certainly it can't be that good.
Boy, was I wrong. The story was good, the acting good, the villains good, plot twists were good, ending was good. All my Spider-Man experience comes from watching the various movies, which helped a lot because the big baddie was the only disappointment... not in execution, but in predictability.
Earlier today I managed to get the Platinum trophy (get all the trophies on the game).
Even though I'm now 100% complete, I might just play a bit more just for the awesomeness of swinging through the streets of New York City stopping crimes in the very good combat system.
Im at the stage where Im rooting for games to be bad so I dont have to buy them.
Looks like this is going on my list.

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #470 on: November 26, 2018, 06:36:54 PM »
Civ VI is on sale on Steam right now.

Offline Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #471 on: December 06, 2018, 10:07:29 PM »
Red Dead 2

I have to get this game. 😂

Anyone playing this?

Offline arthwollipot

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #472 on: December 09, 2018, 08:40:45 PM »
I've been watching a series of YouTube videos (search for Kruggsmash if you're interested) that has rekindled my interest in Dwarf Fortress.

As you may be aware, Dwarf Fortress is known for two things in particular: First, for being one of the most complex and detailed world simulations ever programmed, which it can get away with by having crap graphics, and second for its horrifically steep learning curve. I mean horrifically steep.

But the kinds of stories you can get out of it make it seem worthwhile to try again. The last time I tried, I got as far as creating the world, and then I couldn't work out how to do a single thing. Having seen games in progress I now think I might have a chance of giving it another go.
Self-described nerd

personate-rain
personate-rain