Author Topic: Games We've Recently Played (And Wot We Fink)  (Read 47223 times)

Online Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
Re: Games We've Recently Played (And Wot We Fink)
« Reply #510 on: September 27, 2019, 09:45:56 PM »
Not as good as Colonel Angus.

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #511 on: October 01, 2019, 03:18:17 PM »
Untitled Goose Game is one of the best ones I ever played and one of the few that lives up to the hype.

HONK

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #512 on: October 01, 2019, 05:29:17 PM »
Untitled Goose Game is one of the best ones I ever played and one of the few that lives up to the hype.

HONK

I've really wanted to get that, but I've heard it's super short.  You think it's worth the cash or better to wait for a sale?

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #513 on: October 02, 2019, 12:07:48 AM »

HONK

I've really wanted to get that, but I've heard it's super short.  You think it's worth the cash or better to wait for a sale?

It is a short game, but so much fun.

I got it for like 4 USD (had to use the stupid Epic store though) and normally it costs a dollar more. It is totally worth that and it's very replayable.

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #514 on: October 02, 2019, 12:14:09 AM »
Oh wow; it's that cheap?! I figured it was at least $15.  Definitely pick it up then.

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #515 on: October 02, 2019, 12:35:03 AM »
I recently bit the bullet and paid for Minecraft again. The PS4 edition this time. It's changed a lot since the last time I played it.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #516 on: October 02, 2019, 02:10:29 AM »
Oh wow; it's that cheap?! I figured it was at least $15.  Definitely pick it up then.

I was surprised as well. For the Switch it is $15-20, but I definitely paid $3.99 and it is still sold on the Epic store with that price.

Offline Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #517 on: October 02, 2019, 08:45:05 AM »
Can I say That Zelda Breath of the wild is the best Zelda Game of all time after playing it for about 50% maybe of it's content?

I used to think the best was a link to the past, but man oh man have I been enjoying this game.
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline starnado

• the once and future king of tl;dr
  • Well Established
« Reply #518 on: October 11, 2019, 08:48:46 AM »
Can I say That Zelda Breath of the wild is the best Zelda Game of all time after playing it for about 50% maybe of it's content?

I used to think the best was a link to the past, but man oh man have I been enjoying this game.
BOTW is an incredible game. I love how they changed so much and yet kept the essence of Zelda. My kids and I love finding the Easter eggs and references hidden throughout. I wish there were some actual dungeons but I would still give it 11/10 and place it up with the best games I have ever played.

I have been playing Link's Awakening which is utterly charming. So much fun.

We then went and did the Eventide Island shrine challenge of BOTW which has references to Link's Awakening (Koholit Rock? Toronbo Beach?).

I am a massive Zelda fan.
'The little, stupid differences are nothing next to the big, stupid similarities'
Bart Simpson

Offline Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #519 on: October 11, 2019, 10:16:28 AM »

I have been playing Link's Awakening which is utterly charming. So much fun.

We then went and did the Eventide Island shrine challenge of BOTW which has references to Link's Awakening (Koholit Rock? Toronbo Beach?).

I am a massive Zelda fan.
I played it on on a Gameboy Rom about 10 years ago. It was real good. Pretty much the only handheld zelda I played. The only console zelda games I have not played are Wind Waker and Skyward sword. I doubt I'll get to play them.
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline gcason

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #520 on: October 22, 2019, 12:33:09 PM »
I saw the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced on Steam for $15. Has anyone tried it? Worth it? I played the original incessantly for several months and got into modding the game too.
My name is gcason and I approved this message.

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #521 on: October 22, 2019, 07:29:49 PM »
I saw the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced on Steam for $15. Has anyone tried it? Worth it? I played the original incessantly for several months and got into modding the game too.

Is it available for Mac? If it is, it might be a reason for me to use Steam.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #522 on: October 29, 2019, 08:17:10 AM »
The Outer Worlds

I'm a little under 10 hours into this game and I'm absolutely in love.  For some reason, I'm very hit or miss when it comes to RPGs like this and sometimes I just cannot get hooked on them to save my life.  This game has its hooks in me hard though.  I think it helps that it's not some sprawling open world where there are too many side quests and not enough direction so I don't just feel lost.  This game isn't exactly linear mind you, but it is more like having several smaller stages with a hub.  Definitely recommended for anyone who's a fan of Fallout or that style of gaming.

Offline Sawyer

• Well Established
« Reply #523 on: November 08, 2019, 08:14:21 PM »
Snakebird joins the ranks of Stephen's Sausage Roll in my pantheon of "WTF, how can this possibly be this hard?" puzzle games.  Considering how long Snake has been around as a time-waster cell phone game, it's strange that no one figured out how to improve the formula sooner, but this is the 3d-chess-on-steroids version of Snake.  Practically everything beyond the first level has me scratching my head.

Get it next time it goes on sale.  I think it was 3 bucks over Halloween, so I'm guessing you could get it at the same price over the winter.

personate-rain
personate-rain