Author Topic: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows  (Read 46454 times)

Online Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
Re: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows
« Reply #585 on: April 12, 2019, 08:59:35 AM »
OA Season 1 left me with mixed feelings. It was like "if season 2 rocks it, season 1 will be a genius set up but if season 2 sucks, season 1 was an equal waste." I've never seen a TV show that really required me to watch the second season for me to make my feelings about the previous season concrete. That said, I'm 2 eps into season 2. I'm enjoying it so far although it's starting to point in a kind of VR cyber crime thriller. If I recall Season 1 left us with the question of whether or not OA was just a BS artist who made everything up based on the book names on her shelf. Season 2 doesn't really much address that. We're just kinda "yep, no, she wasn't shittin' those poor high school kids".

They'll address it but you won't feel any better about the show in general.

It's worth watching but it definitely belongs on the "Not the very best" list.

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #586 on: April 12, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »
enjoying season two of amazon's tick series.  I think they improved some of the tone issues in season 1.
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #587 on: April 12, 2019, 10:30:24 AM »
enjoying season two of amazon's tick series.  I think they improved some of the tone issues in season 1.
I agree.

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #588 on: April 12, 2019, 01:31:17 PM »
Posted this in the wrong thread. I posted it in the right one
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 04:24:06 PM by xenu »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #589 on: April 12, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
OA Season 1 left me with mixed feelings. It was like "if season 2 rocks it, season 1 will be a genius set up but if season 2 sucks, season 1 was an equal waste." I've never seen a TV show that really required me to watch the second season for me to make my feelings about the previous season concrete. That said, I'm 2 eps into season 2. I'm enjoying it so far although it's starting to point in a kind of VR cyber crime thriller. If I recall Season 1 left us with the question of whether or not OA was just a BS artist who made everything up based on the book names on her shelf. Season 2 doesn't really much address that. We're just kinda "yep, no, she wasn't shittin' those poor high school kids".

Agreed, worth watching season 2 if you saw season 1, but also worthy of being on the not the very best list. Not sure if I'll watch season 3 if they make one.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #590 on: April 12, 2019, 05:29:21 PM »

Agreed, worth watching season 2 if you saw season 1, but also worthy of being on the not the very best list. Not sure if I'll watch season 3 if they make one.

Yeah, can't disagree. Worth watching, but not essential viewing.

(click to show/hide)

personate-rain