Author Topic: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows  (Read 53804 times)

Offline swan

• Off to a Start
  • Whatever happened to the Principle of Charity?
Re: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows
« Reply #645 on: November 12, 2019, 10:23:42 PM »

Moonbase Alpha - The only place where the Hyperloop actually made sense. (You know, the underground tubes keeping out the hideously-sharp regolith & dust, plus all those monsters and stuff.)

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #646 on: November 12, 2019, 10:38:39 PM »
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2019, 01:56:52 AM »

That's extremely bizarre, I just started watching this on Amazon prime. Are you spying on me?  ???

That Ian Mcshane episode scared the crap out of me as a kid and I never once made the association when watching Deadwood.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #648 on: November 13, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »
Just asked my mate who subscribes to literally everything and would buy actual excrement if it had a Lucas Film or Donald Glover branding on it when he will be getting Disney+ so we can have a look.
Apparently its only available in the US? So we have to endure the same strip mining of the services we DO pay for but the worlds biggest entertainment juggernaut cant region unlock its video library?
Im SURE it has to do with Disney being censored in the UK and Ireland so I guess I should go hassle my local rep ::)

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
« Reply #649 on: November 13, 2019, 02:22:51 PM »
Just asked my mate who subscribes to literally everything and would buy actual excrement if it had a Lucas Film or Donald Glover branding on it when he will be getting Disney+ so we can have a look.
Apparently its only available in the US? So we have to endure the same strip mining of the services we DO pay for but the worlds biggest entertainment juggernaut cant region unlock its video library?
Im SURE it has to do with Disney being censored in the UK and Ireland so I guess I should go hassle my local rep ::)

They are releasing it slowly around the world.

Australia and New Zealand get it on Tuesday (19th Nov). Your part of the world gets it March 31, 2020 (Which does seem weirdly late)  ???

Online amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #650 on: November 13, 2019, 02:36:39 PM »
We got it yesterday in Canada.
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Online Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #651 on: November 13, 2019, 03:23:43 PM »
I just took a quick flight to Canada and watched it.
It was ok. Better than I expected.

Online Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #652 on: November 16, 2019, 07:00:55 AM »
Frontier
Jason Mamoas netflix series about the fur trade in Canada in the 18th century.
Mamoa is the central character around which everything revolves, but as with his actual acting career, its hard to see why people actually follow him. He has no charisma or admirable traits.
The opening credits make much of the struggle of indigenous people but the show is more preoccupied with Mamoas revenge story and barely touches upon the plight of native people.
There are a good few genuine scots in the show but for some reason none of the Irish characters are played by Irish actors while the Irish actors that are there play English or other nationalities.
Mamoa himself is touted as 'half Irish' which is fine, but plays absolutely no relevance to the plot. He couldnt just be a native kid who was taken by the HBC? But I guess they didnt want a tv show featuring a fully indigenous lead?

It also falls victim to the evil psycho homosexual trope where the only gay characters are gaybto show the depths of their depravity.
Very bad show.

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
« Reply #653 on: November 29, 2019, 11:44:39 PM »
Not sure how I feel about Apple TV+'s Servant yet.  ???

The series follows "parents Dorothy and Sean Turner, who have hired young nanny Leanne to help care for their newborn child." As time goes on, it becomes clear that "things are not quite as they seem."

Typical of M. Night Shyamalamadingdong's other work, it is full of twists and turns. There were 2 major twists just in Episode 1 and I still think there are more twists to come.
Not to mention a lot of weird shit going on with the creepy nanny. Even more than I mention below  ???

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I'll keep watching just to see where it goes for now.

Online Ah.hell

« Reply #654 on: December 01, 2019, 10:33:16 AM »
Day Break - Netflix

Zombish apocalypse set in a highschool where everyone but the 10 year old is played by someone in there 20s. 

Its mildly amusing and plays with a lot of tropes from various genre's which is fun if you like that sort of thing.  There's an episode narrated by the RZA and it has Mathew Brodrick as a cannibal high school principal

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #655 on: December 01, 2019, 03:51:22 PM »
Welp Titans shit the bed.  Right after they got it cleaned up after that last watery sewage befoulment.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline CarbShark

« Reply #656 on: December 01, 2019, 05:31:19 PM »

The series follows "parents Dorothy and Sean Turner, who have hired young nanny Leanne to help care for their newborn child." As time goes on, it becomes clear that "things are not quite as they seem."

Typical of M. Night Shyamalamadingdong's other work, it is full of twists and turns. There were 2 major twists just in Episode 1 and I still think there are more twists to come.
Not to mention a lot of weird shit going on with the creepy nanny. Even more than I mention below  ???

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
« Reply #657 on: December 01, 2019, 05:51:34 PM »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

They are major points. There have also been several small throw away lines that I think will come back at some time.

(click to show/hide)

I find Rupert Grint's acting a bit off-putting. I've seen him in several acting roles since Harry Potter and he always looks and acts like Ron Weasley pretending to be an adult  :)

Online Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #658 on: December 02, 2019, 12:21:40 PM »
Welp Titans shit the bed.  Right after they got it cleaned up after that last watery sewage befoulment.
I liked seeing Nightwing finally.
The episode didnt seem any worse than the rest of the season which has consistently been pretty shit, badly written and with an inflated sense of itself?
What in particular did you hate?

Online amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #659 on: December 02, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
I dropped Titans after an episode and a half.  Not my bag.
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

personate-rain