Author Topic: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows  (Read 53747 times)

Online werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
Re: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows
« Reply #615 on: September 09, 2019, 04:54:14 PM »
Hm, I actually enjoyed that show. 0 seems harsh.
Mooohn!

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #616 on: September 12, 2019, 09:50:42 AM »
The Titans season 2 premiere was pretty underwhelming, though I really enjoyed most of season 1, the end of that storyline was pretty anti-climactic.  I really liked the mystery and the cinematic feel of S1 and I hope they don't lose that in S2.  They solved a lot of the mystery and seem to have set up a more episodic base at the end of the premiere.  But I have heard Superboy is going to show up so yay.
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #617 on: September 12, 2019, 10:46:30 PM »
Superboy has already shown up in season 1.  Along with Krypto
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #618 on: September 13, 2019, 09:44:49 AM »

I must have missed that
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #619 on: September 13, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »

I must have missed that

Go watch the after-credits tag on the Season 1 finale.

(click to show/hide)

That said - Not sure if it is a good idea to bring Superboy in if this season is about Deathstroke.  Realistically speaking, probably Raven and Starfire (maybe even Wondergirl) all should make paste out of him - but superboy is redonkulous vs Deathstroke.

The Titans season 2 premiere was pretty underwhelming, though I really enjoyed most of season 1, the end of that storyline was pretty anti-climactic.  I really liked the mystery and the cinematic feel of S1 and I hope they don't lose that in S2.  They solved a lot of the mystery and seem to have set up a more episodic base at the end of the premiere.  But I have heard Superboy is going to show up so yay.

Also - I totally agree about this season opener.  What a disappointment.  A key ingredient to superhero shows are it's villains, and they wasted the potential of an awesome villain here.  If there was one thing that made Season 1 worth it, it was the build up to Trigon, and this ep. made hash of all of that.  I have some theories as to why they did it, but unless they pay it off with an awesome season 2, then I think I am out on this show.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:43:04 AM by PANTS! »
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2019, 05:24:51 PM »
It must have been a higher up decision because some of the other villains were so great.

Offline Mormegil

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Know Evolution, know life. No Evolution, no life
« Reply #621 on: September 16, 2019, 04:48:54 PM »
Has anyone watched Another Life on Netflix? Sci-fi show starring Starbuck. I haven't yet. It has terrible reviews on IMDb. Id love for someone to tell me it's worth watching just to have another sci-fi show to binge but not unless someone can tell me it's worth the time.

I watched the first two episodes.  It's pretty terrible.  Character motivations made no logical sense but to further the plot, science was terrible, and I started rooting for most of the crew to die.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »
I couldn't get through the pilot.  The crew was like a bunch of reality TV teenagers.
... in war the screams are loud and harsh and in peace the wail is so drawn-out we tell ourselves we hear nothing.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #623 on: September 16, 2019, 05:06:44 PM »
Dark, the German Netflix show.

Moody, sci-fi/fantasy about time travel and the end of the world.  Someone invents a time machine that can travel between 33 years into the past or future.  So, it takes place in 1921, 1954, 1987, 2020, and 2053.  I'm pretty sure at least one character is his own grandfather and there's a book about time travel that wrote itself, which they actually address.  Its dark and moody and darned good but time travel is pretty hard to pull of in fiction and it I'm afraid it will end up like Lost. 

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #624 on: September 16, 2019, 07:49:44 PM »

Moody, sci-fi/fantasy about time travel and the end of the world.  Someone invents a time machine that can travel between 33 years into the past or future.  So, it takes place in 1921, 1954, 1987, 2020, and 2053.  I'm pretty sure at least one character is his own grandfather and there's a book about time travel that wrote itself, which they actually address.  Its dark and moody and darned good but time travel is pretty hard to pull of in fiction and it I'm afraid it will end up like Lost.

Have you watched season 2? the time travel really starts messing with your head.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #625 on: September 17, 2019, 05:01:54 AM »

Have you watched season 2? the time travel really starts messing with your head.
Season 2 is so good!!

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #626 on: September 17, 2019, 09:24:05 AM »
I'm about half way through season 2.

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #627 on: September 17, 2019, 09:54:53 AM »
Dark season 1 was really good. By the time Dark season 2 came out I forgot all the characters and complex story lines. It's been hard getting back into it. But that's a lot like most of these shows. The crap you forget...
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #628 on: September 17, 2019, 05:44:10 PM »
Dark season 1 was really good. By the time Dark season 2 came out I forgot all the characters and complex story lines. It's been hard getting back into it. But that's a lot like most of these shows. The crap you forget...
Oh yeah, you need a flowchart to watch it fully. But I just tried to enjoy every scene for itself and the multiple 'aha!' moments from realising who people were and how it fitted together

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #629 on: September 17, 2019, 09:31:13 PM »
Doom Patrol, finally finished S1.  Consistently good but rarely great.  But I really like that it's a differnt take on Superhero shows, with most episodes being character driven and very few big action sequences (though the few that happen are pretty great).  It's worth watching if you like superhero shows but are burned out by The Flash