Author Topic: \m/ Metal \m/  (Read 21840 times)

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
Re: \m/ Metal \m/
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2017, 11:06:28 AM »
http://www.metalblade.com/us/news/psycho-las-vegas-2017-king-diamond-to-headline/
King Diamond is going to play the album Abigail in full. Pretty weird lineup too. They have Mulatu Atstake, who was REALLY old when I saw him play nearly 10 years ago and is considered the grandfather of African jazz. He's a mallet player who brought jazz to Ethipoia like 50 or 60 years ago... and they list him between Neurosis and Carcass!!! Ahahaha
The lineup inspired me to listen to Wizard Rifle, which was alright too. I might swallow my hatred for Vegas and go. :D
Maybe we can get a forum metal contingent to meetup in Vegas and go to the show? Skeptical metalheads?

I have been listening to a lot of Baroness recently. Is anyone else listening to these guys? I recommend the Purple album.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Pondering the cosmos since 1969
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »
Iron Maiden is back out in the US this year with GHOST!!!!

Totally going.

damn.
that's one heckuva bill.
checking ticket prices now.
Anyone in the nyc/nj/pa area?

edit, sorry to the UK people who are stuck with shinedown.  We totally got the better end of that stick.

also wow that was your 667th post..what timing.

I live in pa but was never much of a maiden fan. I do love a good concert though.
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2017, 10:39:01 AM »
Iron Maiden is back out in the US this year with GHOST!!!!

Totally going.

damn.
that's one heckuva bill.
checking ticket prices now.
Anyone in the nyc/nj/pa area?

edit, sorry to the UK people who are stuck with shinedown.  We totally got the better end of that stick.

also wow that was your 667th post..what timing.

I live in pa but was never much of a maiden fan. I do love a good concert though.

Maiden live was a revelation for me.  I went to their Detroit show during the "No Prayer on the Road" tour.  I was aware of Maiden, but was firmly in my "love of thrash metal" phase.  Anthrax was the opening act.  I went for Anthrax.  By the end of the show I realized that I was a dummy for not owning every Iron Maiden record I could get my hands on.

The same thing happened to me with Megadeth.  I thought they were okay, but liked Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Anthrax etc...etc...far more.  Then I went to the Clash of the Titans tour.  Megadeth played last that night.  CRUSHED the performance of every other band.  Everyone else sounded like they were going through the motions their PA was being filtered through wet sponges in comparison.  Megadeth was tight, crystal clear, blisteringly fast and Mustaine's musicianship was ridiculous.
Well.  There it is.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2017, 01:55:22 PM »
 >:D GOT MY TICKETS TO IRON MAIDEN AND GHOST!!!!  >:D

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2017, 06:16:21 PM »
>:D GOT MY TICKETS TO IRON MAIDEN AND GHOST!!!!  >:D

what venue? and how much were tix?
They don't go onsale near me until the weekend.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2017, 06:43:28 PM »
In San Bernardino, CA. I got the most expensive at $99, but with fees and such, factor in another $25...

Also this show has Ghost, Kamelot, and Exodus!

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »
I just bought a ticket to see Avenged Sevenfold, Volbeat and Metallica.

:rock:
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2017, 06:16:32 PM »

Neat!
I have the opportunity to go in Arizona, but don't think I'll make the 6 hour drive since I already drove that far to see them in San Francisco last year. Maybe I'll try to snag a ticket for LA...

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2017, 06:36:38 PM »

Neat!
I have the opportunity to go in Arizona, but don't think I'll make the 6 hour drive since I already drove that far to see them in San Francisco last year. Maybe I'll try to snag a ticket for LA...

I'm going to Baltimore. That's about 4 hours for me. I'll drive that distance to see them. Never have, always wanted to. And sevenfold and volbeat just make it that much better.

ETA - not metal but told the wife u2 is in Philly this summer. She doesn't want to spend the money but don't know if we'll ever get this chance again. They are $300 per ticket, which I'd pay for u2.