Author Topic: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)  (Read 16031 times)

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
Re: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 09:46:05 AM »
I've been pretty disappointed so far by the last 2 episodes.  Before the break, there was some great stuff at the church.  Loved the revenge massacre of the Terminus folks!

That was AWESOME.

I think a big problem with WD has always been great momentum and then they spend a lot of time the rest of the season just dicking around. We like the hero's quest. The journey, over coming evil, and getting some place. We don't like sitting around trying to figure out each week how to make some bad thing go away.

So they're back to some new community. To review:

- Farm: boring. The whole finding the girl thing ended with her in the barn as a zombie. Farm became over run by zombies.

- Prison: Interesting at first but then again became trying to figure out how to make the Governor go away.

- The Governor: I liked the governor in some ways. I think in zombie world men are going to way, way out number women. You're going to have to do something to keep your male population working off tension. Hence, zombie gladiator battles. And you have to be a hard ass.

- Terminus: Well, it all went to shit quickly with cannibals.

- Nancy Pelosi's Zombie America Land: how is this going to go to shit?
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 09:55:49 AM »
- Nancy Pelosi's Zombie America Land: how is this going to go to shit?

Dunno, but I bet that it will involve at least one protagonist doing something stupid and wholly out of character.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »
This is indeed the arc from the comics which I was happily suspecting... should be fun.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline D'oh!

• Frequent Poster
  • Pope of Chili Town
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 03:48:45 AM »
I've only read the first Compendium of the comics so far (that ended with the prison battle) so am trying to stay away from spoilers, even if the show varies greatly from the books.  I can only assume that the new community they're in on the show is not exactly what it seems.

Which is, like, the 3rd time this has happened to Rick and the group!  I'm in this for the long haul, I just wish they'd mix it up a little more with the storytelling.
"The power of Christ compels you!"

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 01:11:41 PM »
I've only read the first Compendium of the comics so far (that ended with the prison battle) so am trying to stay away from spoilers, even if the show varies greatly from the books.  I can only assume that the new community they're in on the show is not exactly what it seems.

Which is, like, the 3rd time this has happened to Rick and the group!  I'm in this for the long haul, I just wish they'd mix it up a little more with the storytelling.

If you're inclined, the current arc starts about halfway through the second compendium, and is really obvious when you get there.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline D'oh!

• Frequent Poster
  • Pope of Chili Town
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 04:42:23 AM »
Thanks for the tip!  I own volume 2, just haven't cracked it open yet.

Loved Carol and the kid tonight!  She's become my favorite character.
"The power of Christ compels you!"

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 11:51:53 AM »
What is going on with Rick etc and the gun jacking? What's their issue with Nancy Pelosi's Zombie America Land?

Korean Podcast

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 02:00:59 AM »
What is going on with Rick etc and the gun jacking? What's their issue with Nancy Pelosi's Zombie America Land?

I really hate spoilers, and I have no idea if the writers will keep in line with the comics, so I'm not going to react to that question in any way.

Unless you want me to.

Loved Carol and the kid tonight!  She's become my favorite character.

Dude, that was hardcore. I was actually worried that the kid would burst into tears and go spill the beans to somebody.

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 09:51:46 AM »
My guess is maybe Rick and gang spoil paradise. Kind of like how you're in a great relationship, finally, after several really bad relationships with psychos, and you think "this can't be real. This person is playing a long con on me and really going to ream me over". And then you do everything in your power to sabotage a relationship with a person who was just an actual good, honest person who loved and cherished you.

So, it shows they are so fucked up by their experiences that maybe normality is simply not possible for those who have been out there for too long.

Korean Podcast

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 08:27:06 PM »
mindme, I find your guess neither interesting nor uninteresting.

I really liked that episode, btw. Ricks and Sasha's disparate reactions during the party felt so right.

"Holy crap, my son is hanging out with kids his own age, talking about normal bs, this is amazing."

"THIS IS WHAT YOU WORRY ABOUT??"

Online Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 12:46:18 AM »
So, how close are they to wrapping up the show? I feel like there's not a lot more they can do. Perhaps I lack imagination...

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 01:56:55 AM »
So, how close are they to wrapping up the show? I feel like there's not a lot more they can do. Perhaps I lack imagination...

Quite a long way, imo. Zombie media is a "weekly adventure" type. The antagonist is established at the onset, and from there it's just different iterations of alive/undead enemies. The fun is in the characters and their struggle, so as long as you like the characters being followed, there is no end.

Unless they go back to the farm.

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2015, 09:49:40 AM »
Aidan gets impaled. What were his last words? It was hard to make out.

I'm guessing pastor asshole's satan rambling and the death of Nancy Pelosi's son is going to have Nancy starting to think differently about the group.

Korean Podcast

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2015, 10:06:53 AM »
The No. 1 thing I don't get at the moment is how on earth did the Alexandria folks survive this far. Every single person in charge, apart from the anti-Leslie Knope has been shown to be totally incompetent.

The No. 2 is the purpose Noah served in the series. He hasn't done anything and then died.

Offline Kosh62

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 02:21:35 PM »

The show is getting huge ratings so the end is nowhere in sight. They are still several years behind the comic so there is still many seasons worth of material to mine there. In addition to that, the spin-off series has already been renewed for a second season with the first yet to begin late this summer.

For better or for worse, the dead still have miles, nay LEAGUES to walk....