Author Topic: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)  (Read 17934 times)

Offline Kosh62

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Re: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 02:36:31 PM »
Here's my idea for a series ender (may contain spoilers, so consider yourself warned):

I would have the last year of the show be  season long arc where the characters finally discover the cause of the zombie virus and how the entire plague got stared. As a result of this discovery, they also learn that the virus is no longer active in the environment. It has died out. In addition, they discover the virus is not transferred from parent to offspring. What all that means is that Judith and all other children born after the outbreak are not infected. A normal world can be re-built by the next generation to come.

I feel the series would have to end on this type of hopeful note to be satisfying.  The final scene of the final episode could involve a dying Rick looking at his daughter and smiling, realizing that there  is indeed hope for better days for her.

HOWEVER, I could also see the following epilogue  inserted after that scene: We cut to another group of survivors the show has been dealing with during this final season...a more nefarious group. This group comes upon the last remaining unused stock pile of the Zombie Virus. One member of the group with more conscious that the rest moves to destroy (incinerate perhaps?) the vials. Their leader stops him and picks up one of  the vials, contemplating it in the light. "No, no now." He/she says, "Let's not be hasty. There may be use for this someday..." Fade out. The end....?

What do you think?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:39:33 PM by Kosh62 »

Offline Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
I would have the last year of the show be  season long arc where the characters finally discover the cause of the zombie virus and how the entire plague got stared. As a result of this discovery, they also learn that the virus is no longer active in the environment. It has died out. In addition, they discover the virus is not transferred from parent to offspring. What all that means is that Judith and all other children born after the outbreak are not infected. A normal world can be re-built by the next generation to come.

I feel the series would have to end on this type of hopeful note to be satisfying.  The final scene of the final episode could involve a dying Rick looking at his daughter and smiling, realizing that there  is indeed hope for better days for her.

Kosh, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Also, I didn't catch what Aiden said either. Something about "Us" and "begging" or something...

Offline Kosh62

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 02:37:13 PM »

Also, I didn't catch what Aiden said either. Something about "Us" and "begging" or something...

Yeah, it's either something upbeat like that or AMC goes really perverse and does something along the lines of the following:

Final scene of the final episode. Rick is the sole survivor of the bloody collapse of the group's latest attempt at a safe haven, or the final fall of Alexandria if it lasts that long. Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Carl....all dead. The sun is setting and a bloody Rick is  sitting on his knees in the dirt with his gun in his hand. In the gathering twilight he looks up at a sound...and sees his infant daughter shamble towards him as a walker. With a look of utter anguish on his face, Rick raises his weapon and fires his last bullet into his head. Jump cut to black. The only sound heard is the soft snarling of baby walker Judith as the credits roll.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:46:57 PM by Kosh62 »

Offline Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 03:32:23 PM »

Yeah, it's either something upbeat like that or AMC goes really perverse and does something along the lines of the following:

Final scene of the final episode. Rick is the sole survivor of the bloody collapse of the group's latest attempt at a safe haven, or the final fall of Alexandria if it lasts that long. Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Carl....all dead. The sun is setting and a bloody Rick is  sitting on his knees in the dirt with his gun in his hand. In the gathering twilight he looks up at a sound...and sees his infant daughter shamble towards him as a walker. With a look of utter anguish on his face, Rick raises his weapon and fires his last bullet into his head. Jump cut to black. The only sound heard is the soft snarling of baby walker Judith as the credits roll.

They should do both! Then release the one they didn't air as an extra on their DVDs.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2015, 02:46:20 AM »
Jesus, black men cannot win in this show. Noah bites the dust, and Priest is losing is mind.

I liked Eugene's redemption, and the Abraham battle was pretty cool.

I'm also liking the town vs. the crew... this is NOT the farm all over again.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline D'oh!

• Frequent Poster
  • Pope of Chili Town
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2015, 02:34:43 AM »
A pretty strong episode, but I thought it was a mistake to show Maggie overhearing the priest "rat out" the group to the Senator (or whatever that woman used to be).  It also would have worked better if he didn't come off as so damned looney.  Now I'll find it very hard to believe if she's convinced by what the priest told her.  Had they played it more straight, it would have raised the dramatic impact quite a bit.
"The power of Christ compels you!"

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »
I think she dismissed the priest initially but with the death of her son she's now looking for someone to blame. Now the priest's words make more sense.

"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline D'oh!

• Frequent Poster
  • Pope of Chili Town
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2015, 05:50:55 PM »
I was surprised that Rick came right out and said "we need to kill wife-beating guy."  I was expecting him to just do it in this last episode without discussing it with the leader of the town first. 

I hope they reveal what's up with the Ws carved on the foreheads next week.  If it was in the comics, please NO spoilers!
"The power of Christ compels you!"

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2015, 08:40:39 PM »
Its getting beyond a joke how often they kill a black character off.
But in any case, I feel like Im done with this show for a while. Peoples stupidity and melodrama are just annoying me and Ive found that I dont pause it when I walk off to make coffee or use the bathroom and when I come back they are still whispering about their feelings.

Offline Sabbie

• Frequent Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 04:21:11 PM »
Only for comic readers:

(click to show/hide)

The show is getting a bit boring I think. I still enjoy the show just because I'm waiting for some things to happen (if they will happen that is).

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 02:05:58 AM »
Only for comic readers:

(click to show/hide)

Comic-spoiler response:

(click to show/hide)

The show is getting a bit boring I think. I still enjoy the show just because I'm waiting for some things to happen (if they will happen that is).

I wouldn't mind more of a "weekly adventure" Star-Trek type structure... but as long as we're not stuck in "the farm" version.2, I'll probably be happy.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline Kosh62

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 12:39:01 PM »
Only for comic readers:

(click to show/hide)

You may not have noticed--I didn't until I saw screen grabs posted on another site--but there has been recurring graffiti on the background ruins in several episodes this season reading "WOLVES are near" and variations thereof. W for Wolves. I think they renamed Negan's group from the comics....

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 01:35:33 PM »
Wow, Sabbie... hey. Welcome back... I didn't read your spoiler, but hey!

I know this episode is way past now, but I read the whole thread just now... Beth's death, a suicide? I read it as police leader accidentally shot her. Either way it WAS damned disappointing and confusing.

Latest, they've been looking like they are gonna Walter White Rick for a while now... this is interesting.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »
I know this episode is way past now, but I read the whole thread just now... Beth's death, a suicide? I read it as police leader accidentally shot her. Either way it WAS damned disappointing and confusing.

Stabbing a cop in the neck while she's holding a gun = suicide in my book. I hated how they wrote that.

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 04:44:53 PM »

Stabbing a cop in the neck while she's holding a gun = suicide in my book. I hated how they wrote that.

Ahhhh... I see. I have to go back and watch that. Like I said... confusing.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.