Author Topic: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)  (Read 27286 times)

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)
« Reply #315 on: December 15, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »
I keep watching too.  :(

I would love an episode that show Negan's life before and leading up to the walkerpocalypse.
I'm floored they never did this. I was saying this at least a year ago. It would be great to see him in the "normal" world

Wasn't he a high school Gym coach? Not sure that world is exactly "normal."
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #316 on: December 15, 2017, 09:47:15 PM »
I keep watching too.  :(

I would love an episode that show Negan's life before and leading up to the walkerpocalypse.
I'm floored they never did this. I was saying this at least a year ago. It would be great to see him in the "normal" world

Wasn't he a high school Gym coach? Not sure that world is exactly "normal."

Yes, he was. They did a "Here's Negan" comic that starts before the plague and leads up to him forming the Saviours.

The Negan we know and "love" was formed post-plague. He was just a bit of a dick before. He's still a dick, but now he's a psychopath/sociopath as well

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #317 on: March 01, 2018, 07:39:13 PM »
Well, I'm not sure how, but they somehow managed to
(click to show/hide)
The show seems almost irredeemably bad to me at this point. It used to be one of my favorites and for this last season and most of the one before that I am just looking at my proverbial watch and rolling my eyes all the way through every single episode. Even the camera work just looks shittier somehow (or is that just me?). How did we get here?! It's gotten so bad that I am actually no longer disappointed. Instead, I've now come to expect this. I only keep watching at this point because I have a rapidly decreasing irrational sliver of hope each episode that maybe, just maybe, this episode will turn things around. But it's probably not happening, is it.
Mooohn!

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #318 on: March 01, 2018, 08:02:48 PM »
You are describing exactly how I felt before I stopped watching it about 5 episodes after Neegan showed up.
I realised I hadnt enjoyed it in far too long.

Ive actually given up on the comic too.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2018, 08:36:22 PM »
I wouldn't surprised if they do the time jump between Season 8 & 9. They are almost at the point that the comic series did it's 2 year time jump.

They foreshadowed a major plot point that happens post-time jump
(click to show/hide)

I feel the same disappointments with the TV show as the others and am really only sticking with it because I still like the comic and want to see what the show does with certain storylines.

I hope it gets back to being good.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #320 on: March 05, 2018, 07:55:11 PM »
This week's episode was actually surprisingly OK, though it still had a lot of stupid stuff in it. Let's hope "OK" doesn't keep being surprising.

They foreshadowed a major plot point that happens post-time jump
(click to show/hide)

I think that was just
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:01:07 PM by werecow »
Mooohn!

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2018, 10:17:25 PM »
At least they showed that Jadis' manner of speaking was just an annoying put on affectation.

Good riddance to the Garbage Tip Gang.  ;D I'm still hoping for the Whisperers with Alpha and Beta to show up soon.  8)

(click to show/hide)

Offline D'oh!

• Frequent Poster
  • Pope of Chili Town
« Reply #322 on: March 08, 2018, 03:04:51 AM »
Not reading spoilers...

Coral's death episode was waaaay overwritten; too many speeches. The last episode, however, was pretty damned good. And will we be seeing a use for all that zombie slurry in future episodes...?

I gave up on Fear the Walking Dead after the first season, but a couple of friends suggested that I tough it out -- and I'm glad I did! I finished Season 2 a few days ago on Hulu. Pretty tight season overall. If you're burned out on the original, I recommend its spinoff.
"The power of Christ compels you!"

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #323 on: November 30, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »
I might be the only person here still watching this  ;)

It does seem to have picked up after getting rid of Rick Grimes and jumping forward 6 years. The only Grimes left now in the show is a 9yo Judith.

They have now started what was my favourite storyline in the comic. The Whisperer Wars. I did think they would keep the secret of the whispering walkers a bit longer, but no we got that this episode.

I highly doubt they will have the courage to have the huge OMG moment that the comic had with that storyline. If they do, it will be huge for the TV show.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #324 on: December 01, 2018, 06:24:38 AM »
I might jump back in now that Rick is gone.

Fear The Walking Dead somehow became amazing while no one was looking! From the first ep of season 3 to the last few eps of season 4 its really fun!
The season 4 climax is fucking awful but still worth checking out seasons 3 and 4.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #325 on: December 01, 2018, 03:02:56 PM »
Season 9 Episode 6 is the first episode without Rick and the one that starts with the 6 year time jump.
There were 3 episodes before the mid-season finale (aired last week)

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2019, 10:26:25 PM »
I'm running a little behind. I'm hearing positive things about season 9, but the first episode is pretty terrible. There's the ridiculous premise that they'd go all the way to Washington D.C. to get a 200 year old wooden cart, a moldy canoe and a rusty plow from a museum, when they are in the freaking countryside. There's old plows lying around as decorative items. There's probably a horse cart around there somewhere of vastly superior quality, and it doesn't require traversing a city full of zombies. And then we get treated to an episode full of melodrama about a redshirt that has the shortest name possible because they didn't want to waste any more time than necessary on his backstory. It reminded me of that Star Wars parody "nobody thinks about the henchmen". And some conniving from Gregory and the psycho redneck Negan henchman who's name I can't remember, who for some reason they failed to lock up. Oh well, I see the rest of the eps have higher ratings.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:47:58 PM by werecow »
Mooohn!

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2019, 05:52:32 PM »
Watched the rest of season 9, and I have to say I do feel the show is bouncing back. I like the new antagonists. And even Negan isn't annoying anymore now that he isn't supposed to be intimidating anymore.

Also, watching season 2-4 of FTWD now. I really enjoyed 2. 3 is decent, but the second half of the season has the main characters making so many absurd mistakes that it is getting on my nerves. For example:

(click to show/hide)

It was a bit too much suspension of disbelief to take all at once.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 06:27:33 PM by werecow »
Mooohn!

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #328 on: March 10, 2019, 06:23:59 PM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:20:59 AM by werecow »
Mooohn!

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #329 on: March 20, 2019, 11:21:02 PM »
TWD is building up to what was, arguably, the biggest moment in the Graphic Novels' storyline so far.

No spoilers, but I'm guessing it will happen, (the reveal at least), in 2 episodes time. The next episode is titled "The calm before" and the Finale is titled "Storm"

Oh shit  ;)

The best thing the show did was get rid of Rick and Carl. It has improved since then.