Author Topic: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)  (Read 28730 times)

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
Re: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)
« Reply #330 on: March 25, 2019, 09:50:36 PM »
This week's episode: all I can say is wow. It started slow, but then it built up to some real Red Wedding type shit. This show is definitely on it's way up again.
Mooohn!

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
Re: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2019, 02:45:27 AM »
This week's episode: all I can say is wow. It started slow, but then it built up to some real Red Wedding type shit. This show is definitely on it's way up again.

I was a bit let down. I knew it was coming for several months, then they chickened out with not killing more important characters to make more impact.
Oh no! those random characters that were introduced 2 weeks ago died. Oh no! Those teens who have spoken barely 5 words all season are dead.

The only main cast members to die were B grade members. Henry's role was really only upgraded late in this season. Obviously to make his death mean something to Carol and Ezekiel.
Tara and Enid are the biggest names to die, and their roles had been upgraded as well for probably the same reasons. How gutsy would it have been to kill off a Daryl, Carol or Michonne. Not all 3 obviously, but one of them would have made it huge.

The comic at the same point killed off major characters. (Rosita and Ezekiel) They did the fake outs on the TV show to make you think the same characters died (but they didn't)

I was a bit annoyed with them sparing Siddiq, just so he could tell the story of how bravely those who died fought back. It was more poignant in the comic with them just disappearing and turning up dead on a pike. The story didn't need a "Flight 93" type hero ending. That is TV show cop out to placate the Tara/Enid/Henry fans that at least they had a noble death, instead of a brutal lonely death.

Everyone knows how this story ends.

personate-rain