Author Topic: Any gun people here? Also tiny handgun suggestions?  (Read 892 times)

Offline metime00

• Not Enough Spare Time
Any gun people here? Also tiny handgun suggestions?
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:10:17 PM »
I know guns don't have transistors or are electrical, but I think they'd qualify for technology discussion.

I recently got into firearms and I kept wondering if my old friends at the sguforums had any skeptical gun enjoyers among them.

Anybody like/own guns here? And for those that do, do you have any suggestions or preferences for very small, concealable handguns for concealed carry? Like, smaller even than a subcompact (although I'm not sure if subcompact has a lower bound, or if it's just everything smaller than a compact). I want a pocket gun :)

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Re: Any gun people here? Also tiny handgun suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 04:12:47 PM »
I am not a big fan of compacts and subcompacts because their hurt your hands. I personally have a Ruger P345 as my carry weapon and I am extremely happy with it. It does have some weight however.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline drwfishesman

• Well Established
  • Occasional Forum Necromancer
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 04:22:01 PM »
Kimber Solo carry 9mm

Smith & Wesson .45 ultra compact (if you don't want to shoot twice)

Walther CCP 9mm

Sig Sauer P238 (.380) real nice. Hard to find used, no one ever sells a Sig Sauer after they buy one.
"When one has a limited ability or desire to think, one must fiercely defend the thoughts already had. You never know when the next one will come." Andrew Bridges

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:11:13 PM »
I could never understand why cops preferred Glocks until I saw the price difference with Sigs

Offline fonebone

• don't want a pickle
  • Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:27:15 AM »
I am not like, a fanatic or anything, but I have been pretty happy with my Taurus PT145 which is pretty compact.  I also have a ruger SR22 that I have carried in lieu of the .45 because its like half the weight.  Some people really poo poo .22's but Im pretty sure anyone shot by it would stop whatever they were doing.

Offline kvuo75

• Well Established
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:02:29 AM »
I could never understand why cops preferred Glocks until I saw the price difference with Sigs

glock all day long over sigs.. glock safe action is genius, imo.

Offline metime00

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 03:24:39 PM »
I am not like, a fanatic or anything, but I have been pretty happy with my Taurus PT145 which is pretty compact.  I also have a ruger SR22 that I have carried in lieu of the .45 because its like half the weight.  Some people really poo poo .22's but Im pretty sure anyone shot by it would stop whatever they were doing.

The retort I always hear is that all cartridges kill, but 22s kill later when you need it now.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 03:43:42 PM »

I probably just havent spent enough time with the glock but it can be a disaster in the wrong holster. I think I have a training bias to prefer the sig decocking lever.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 03:54:39 PM »

I probably just havent spent enough time with the glock but it can be a disaster in the wrong holster. I think I have a training bias to prefer the sig decocking lever.

A lot of people who like the Glock also really like the Springfield XD.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline kvuo75

• Well Established
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 04:19:41 PM »

yeah a proper holster is essential. i use a custom kydex (plastic) iwb type.

personate-rain
personate-rain