Author Topic: GameGuru and alike? Any devs  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Doubting Thomas

• Off to a Start
GameGuru and alike? Any devs
« on: April 15, 2015, 04:35:57 AM »
I'm a bit of an amateur game developer, also a bit of a n00b in the field of making 3D games, but I'm working on it, now with gameGuru.. It's a sort of 3d sandbox where you can make all sorts of 3d games, you can find it on steam where it's in early access.. Currently working on a medieval style multiplayer game, where I try to recreate old lcoal villages from actual outdated maps :)

Any other "game developers" aboard? Because gameGuru enables you to collab! :)

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Aspiring Super Villain
Re: GameGuru and alike? Any devs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 05:51:57 AM »
Am I remembering incorrectly or isn't the developer of Race the Sun on this forum?

Edit-

Crap, we lost those posts in the purge :(
I'm just the victim of my cognitive privilege

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 05:30:38 PM »
I made the game "Starbounder" for ios and android phones. With Unity engine.
What does gameguru do for you? It takes the 3D modeling, texturing, animating out of your hands? Or the coding?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Offline Doubting Thomas

• Off to a Start
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 12:24:24 AM »
I made the game "Starbounder" for ios and android phones. With Unity engine.
What does gameguru do for you? It takes the 3D modeling, texturing, animating out of your hands? Or the coding?
Ok, awesome. Just had a look at it. Neat man :)

I have made a few plugins for android/chrome too, although my plugins have nothing to do with games, but more with url handling. Long story. But to answer your question, then it takes neither out of your hands, it's up to you. Because you can import models and textures in x. format, and animate with the respective meta files. So you should be set with your blender, maya or 3ds as long as you have enabled x format export. You can also script behavior and a myriad of actions. But I wouldn't go as far as to call it an engine. It's a sandbox.

Offline Doubting Thomas

• Off to a Start
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 11:57:04 PM »
It's moving along with the recreation of the city I live in, as it looked in medieval times..

Nevermind the bunnies. ARTISTIC FREEDOM!

I have also made some background music for the game, based on medieval music of the era..

personate-rain