Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 59492 times)

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Reef Tank Owner
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #480 on: December 08, 2019, 03:57:32 AM »
Got into this song because of the dancers.

Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Offline Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #481 on: December 08, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline drproximo

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • fnord
    • blaugh
« Reply #482 on: December 09, 2019, 12:47:21 PM »
"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."

- Jack Kerouac, On The Road

Online daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #483 on: December 09, 2019, 06:42:17 PM »

Daniel
----------------
“You say you love your children above all else, and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.”
-- Greta Thunberg

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #484 on: December 10, 2019, 09:42:27 PM »
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Online daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #485 on: December 11, 2019, 11:46:23 AM »

And for something completely different, and yet similar in that both are polyphonic, and to me there's a similarity between baroque counterpoint and jazz syncopation:

I think the biggest regret I have in life is that I never got around to visiting New Orleans. I would hate the climate, though: humidity is brutal. Maybe I'd go there if I had a girlfriend. I find travel extremely stressful and probably will not return to the mainland again.
Daniel
----------------
“You say you love your children above all else, and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.”
-- Greta Thunberg

Online daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #486 on: December 12, 2019, 09:05:29 PM »

Daniel
----------------
-- Greta Thunberg

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #487 on: December 12, 2019, 10:30:42 PM »
That was boss.  And the indifferent doggo was the icing.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Online daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #488 on: December 13, 2019, 09:02:01 AM »
I just bought three of their albums on line. They're not on iTunes, so it was a bitch getting them onto my phone. I had to download them onto the computer and then I when I tried to airdrop them to my phone, the phone would not let me put them on the Music app, so I had to put them into iTunes, but then iTunes wouldn't let me drop them onto the phone until I upgraded to the latest (or just a later?) version of iTunes. But after a couple of hours of futzing around I finally got them onto my phone. The web site that sells them says that with their app you can stream your purchases, but it doesn't give me the option for that, which is not a big deal since I don't have enough data for streaming via cell service. I only stream when I'm on wi-fi. So it's better to have them on the phone.
Daniel
----------------
-- Greta Thunberg

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #489 on: December 25, 2019, 08:50:53 PM »
This is a cover of a Wings song that far exceeds the original. Had it stuck in my head off and on for a couple years now. Stays with me.

Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Offline Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #490 on: January 13, 2020, 08:10:51 PM »
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline justlexi93

• Brand New
« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2020, 10:21:12 PM »

I am getting an LSS after listening to this song.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #492 on: January 25, 2020, 08:20:08 AM »

I like this song despite not speaking German (that might surprise you, as Swedish and German are close linguistically, though not quite mutually intelligible). I guess the title means "Here come the sun", or something like that.
"I’m a member of no party. I have no ideology. I’m a rationalist. I do what I can in the international struggle between science and reason and the barbarism, superstition and stupidity that’s all around us." - Christopher Hitchens

personate-rain
personate-rain