Author Topic: Pepsi switching aspartame to Splenda (IOW: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!)  (Read 15083 times)

Offline amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • The Warhammeriest
Re: Pepsi switching aspartame to Splenda (IOW: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 04:12:50 PM »
There's definitely something unique about Diet Coke.  It's one of the only artificially sweetened sodas that I don't like.
Big Mike
Calgary AB Canada

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 04:27:01 PM »
All of the artificial sweeteners taste "chemically" and horrible to me. I think that is probably why people assume it is unhealthy. Before I knew people actually made these kinds of claims, I used to say that diet soda tastes like "cancer".

I drink caffeine free regular coke when I can help it.
Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 06:39:17 PM »
After about a week of drinking diet drinks, your taste buds will adjust.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »

I wouldn't think that is as good thing.
"Our minds are not quite designed to understand how the world works, but, rather, to get out of trouble rapidly an have progeny."  Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Offline uolj

• Well Established
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 08:34:56 PM »

But why would it be a bad thing? No different than going the other direction.

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »

Being that the vast body of knowledge is that it is not harmful, what is the issue? 
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 10:28:46 PM »
When I was a kid, my parents had "tab" in their office. I would drink that instead of nothing, but I never got used to that shit. Holy crap it is bad. No tastebud adjustment there.

SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Offline andy o

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 10:34:50 PM »
Mine haven't adjusted either, I can still tell easily the diet drinks from the regular counterparts, I just do like Diet Pepsi as much as I do regular one. Diet Coke, not so much.

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 01:11:52 PM »
I've reached a point where diet coke tastes like how I remember regular coke tasting, but regular now tastes to me like an electrode has been placed on the sugar sensing part of my brain and it is being continually depressed as long as the liquid is in my mouth. 
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 01:47:17 PM »
Tab hired Brian Posehn to advertise for them?
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 02:56:43 PM »
I have a concern where sometimes I will go through a drive through and I get a fountain drink. . .  . .I cannot tell by taste if they may have screwed up. There is wide variation in the taste of fountain drinks.
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 05:32:03 PM »
Tab hired Brian Posehn to advertise for them?

Hehe, no. That's from Tab episode of the old Sarah Silverman Program. (My favorite ep)

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 02:25:37 PM »
Kind of an update to this. . . .Pepsi now uses sucralose instead of aspartame and I can definitely taste the difference.
I think I liked aspartame better.
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 02:36:22 PM »
Aspartame tastes like fucking shit, man.  Every time I've tried switching to a diet soda (Mountain Dew, Mello Yellow, Sun Drop, etc.) the only thing I taste is that goddamn ass juice sweetener. 

Instead, I modified my diet to simply reduce the number or regular Mountain Dews I ingest.  I get fewer, but they taste better.

By the way, I live in Minnesota, and one of my friends bought a shirt at the State Fair that read:  "In Sota, we say pop."  The lawlz.
http://fromnothinggamestudios.com/

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?"

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 03:41:15 PM »
I realized something was wrong at the first sip of the new bottle I grabbed from the cupboard.  I won't be drinking diet Pepsi any more.  Sucralose is just disgusting.  I guess I'll drink the real stuff and cut way back.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

personate-rain