Author Topic: Pepsi switching aspartame to Splenda (IOW: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!)  (Read 14556 times)

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Well Established
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Pepsi switching aspartame to Splenda (IOW: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!)
« Reply #240 on: September 13, 2017, 06:48:49 AM »
Let me know when sugar addiction becomes a great problem than being addicted to "Game of Thrones".
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »
For Coke, hopefully they don't change their normal diet coke. I really like though Cherry Coke Zero.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2017, 06:37:26 PM »
they are leaving diet coke.
The whole point of coke zero sugar is to get away from the the "diet" branding.  So they have one sofa for dieters and one for people who just prefer no calories.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Well Established
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2017, 06:39:14 PM »
The whole point of coke zero sugar is to get away from the the "diet" branding.  So they have one sofa for dieters and one for people who just prefer no calories.
I hope they're heavy duty sofas.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2017, 09:11:32 PM »

:rimshot:

Offline DoubleScotchWhiskey

• Off to a Start
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2017, 08:14:16 AM »
Damn you aspartame haters.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/04/pepsi-switches-to-splenda/391535/

PepsiCo announced last week that it's replacing the aspartame in Diet Pepsi with sucralose, the sweetener marketed under the brand name Splenda.

Goddamit, does suclarose suuuuuuuck.

I don't drink soda full stop, diet or otherwise.  Much too sweet and syrupy. I prefer water.  But I can imagine how this would suck for people who like the way pepsi tastes.  It's actually a daring move my Pepsi because food products are based on their consistent flavor and to change it after so many years can alienate a lot of their users, especially their heavy users.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Well Established
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2017, 08:25:02 AM »

:rimshot:
I once started a thread titled "Trolling gamar Nazis".

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2017, 09:16:10 AM »

Because I am a diabetic, I am in effect on a continuous diet. Things with no sugar that I can tolerate are good. I dislike when diet (whatever you want to call them) go away. There used to be a number of different no sugar oatmeals  that have gone away for example.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

personate-rain