Author Topic: "Kill the Faggot" pulled from Steam  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Herra Efahyggja

• The Skeptical Fairy
  • Well Established
  • another reason not to move, another vodka stinger
    • Expelled Exposed
"Kill the Faggot" pulled from Steam
« on: May 05, 2015, 01:41:40 PM »
A game called Kill the Faggot was pulled from Steam. And yes, the game is exactly what it sounds like.

Cue the straight, white angry male Redditors decrying the affront to free speech. It becomes really predictable after a while...

Silly faggots.....  Never mind your actual experience of going through life worrying about targeted violence against you because of who you are. A private business has no right to disassociate themselves from a disgusting product because AMUR'KA!
Og eigi leið þú oss ekki í trúgirni, heldur frelsa oss frá fáfræði. Amen.

Expelled Exposed

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Reef Tank Owner
Re: "Kill the Faggot" pulled from Steam
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »
Well... this is not even very good trolling on the part of the "developer". He didn't put in any effort, so I'm not prepared to take him seriously. Angry white male here, quite happy to see this "game" pulled. No speach issue detected.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:34:41 PM by SnarlPatrick »
Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 04:45:26 PM »
Here's an article on the subject, for those of you who would prefer not to search for that name:

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/gay-and-transgender-murder-video-game-pulled-gaming-website-steam-after-complaints050515
I'm just the victim of my cognitive privilege

Offline Anders

• Deleted
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 06:29:28 AM »

Wow. This may be the most offensive thing I've seen since F.A.T.A.L.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” Charles Darwin

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 12:22:57 PM »
‘To everyone that got overly offended. Good, that’s what we were going for. Just wait for our next game we are working on, its gonna be way more offensive as this one [sic].’

I can think of two possible directions... we'll see!
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 05:04:28 PM »
It should have been a game to teach people about what else the bible calls a sin:

Is that a man wearing mixed fabrics? 20 points
He didnt wash his arms up to the elbows? 10 points
IS SHE EATING PORK STUFFED LOBSTER? 100 points!

Offline Dan I

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 09:37:12 AM »
It should have been a game to teach people about what else the bible calls a sin:

Is that a man wearing mixed fabrics? 20 points
He didnt wash his arms up to the elbows? 10 points
IS SHE EATING PORK STUFFED LOBSTER? 100 points!

"He's not CIRCUMCISED!!" 1000 pts.

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »
I don't even understand how that game could have been approved in the first place.  This, from the same service that regularly censors anime boobs from "almost hentai" games.
http://fromnothinggamestudios.com/

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?"

Offline Anders

• Deleted
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 07:06:43 AM »
Yeah, someone screwed up big-time. I'm just glad they pulled it, because I really like playing games on Steam. But if they had chosen to keep this I would have had to say bye-bye.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” Charles Darwin

personate-rain