Author Topic: Odd movie ideas?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
Re: Odd movie ideas?
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2019, 12:12:13 AM »
There are huge swaths of solid fan fic set in the HFY (Humanity, Fuck Ya!) 'verse. The stories are often quite good. There was a series of SF books that took on the idea, but I can't recall the name at the moment.

The Chanur series by CJ Cherryh tells of a human who accidentally stumbles into a complex confederation of alien species, but it's told from the point of view of the aliens, to whom the human is strange and disturbing. It's one of my favourite sci-fi book series...es.

I don't know why, but I never read Cherryh. What book should I start with?

This specific series begins with Pride of Chanur. For Cherryh books in general (all of her sci-fi books are set in the same universe) I'd go with Cyteen followed by Regenesis.

Thanks! I'll see if I can get Cyteen for the chemo chair tomorrow.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2019, 06:52:43 AM »
I just noticed that I have four hundred plus titles in the "To be read" stacks. I'm 68.  Oh well.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2019, 02:59:55 PM »
I just noticed that I have four hundred plus titles in the "To be read" stacks. I'm 68.  Oh well.

Turbo-reader Power! Activate!
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »

Will you hold the books for me?
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2019, 03:03:50 PM »

Are they in need of a hug? I can totally do that.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2019, 03:39:24 PM »

I spend half my time with my feet about a foot higher than my head. (Make of that what you will.)
Are they in need of a hug? I can totally do that.

personate-rain