Author Topic: Cinematic Universe Discussions - COMICS  (Read 44198 times)

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
Re: Cinematic Universe Discussions - COMICS
« Reply #480 on: April 02, 2019, 03:29:06 AM »
After watching Us for the second time, I realised one problem I have with Endgame: where the hell is Lupita from the poster and cast list?

Wasn't she busy building up Wakandan outreach in California?  Doesn't seem like there would have been time to bring her to Wakanda, and while formidable she was hardly the only formidable Wakandan woman on that field. 

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #481 on: April 02, 2019, 03:58:02 AM »
After watching Us for the second time, I realised one problem I have with Endgame: where the hell is Lupita from the poster and cast list?

Wasn't she busy building up Wakandan outreach in California?  Doesn't seem like there would have been time to bring her to Wakanda, and while formidable she was hardly the only formidable Wakandan woman on that field.

True, but Nakia is the only major character missing from the movies who is not confirmed dusted or simply dead. Meanwhile Happy Hogan (Stark's driver) is there, which is fine but he isn't exactly on the same level.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 04:02:26 AM by Rai »

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #482 on: April 02, 2019, 05:02:37 AM »

True, but Nakia is the only major character missing from the movies who is not confirmed dusted or simply dead. Meanwhile Happy Hogan (Stark's driver) is there, which is fine but he isn't exactly on the same level.

Has Scott Lang's family been confirmed dusted?  His daughter is pretty major and her dusting would drastically change Scott's tone for the movie I'd imagine.  At any rate, I'm with you that it'd be weird to completely ignore Nakia until Black Panther 2, but I guess the reality is that there's only so many distraught people trying to bring back their loved ones stories they can fit in there.

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #483 on: April 02, 2019, 06:03:06 AM »

Has Scott Lang's family been confirmed dusted?  His daughter is pretty major and her dusting would drastically change Scott's tone for the movie I'd imagine.  At any rate, I'm with you that it'd be weird to completely ignore Nakia until Black Panther 2, but I guess the reality is that there's only so many distraught people trying to bring back their loved ones stories they can fit in there.

I don't think there has been anything about Lang's ex and daughter.

I think Nakia would have been an interesting addition, as her relationship dynamics with T'Challa are rather unique. It's not even like there are that many couples separated by the snap, the only one I can think of is Ant Man and Wasp and they are from the filler roster.

Actually, now that I think about it, it is weird how few actually consequential snap-separations of major relationships are out there, the only I can think of are Cap-Bucky and Stark-Peter Parker. The rest are either alive or dusted together.

I don't count Thor-Loki, because Loki was snapped in a very different way (though he is on the poster)

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #484 on: April 02, 2019, 06:07:17 AM »
I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see it, I'm just saying I can understand why it might not be a priority with everything else going on.  I'm content to wait and see how they handle everything before worrying too much about what may or may not be in the film.

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #485 on: April 17, 2019, 09:04:49 PM »
Something I don't understand abut Aquaman is the end game of Orm was.

No matter what you do, you will have a very pissed off Kryptonian and Demi-God you have to contend with.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2019, 09:34:57 PM »
Just watched it again for the first repeat viewing. The plot is much less coherent than on first viewing. That's ok - it's good enough to suspend disbelief easily enough. TBH I don't think that Orm gave a shit about Supes or Wonder Woman.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #487 on: April 17, 2019, 11:32:50 PM »
Just watched it again for the first repeat viewing. The plot is much less coherent than on first viewing. That's ok - it's good enough to suspend disbelief easily enough. TBH I don't think that Orm gave a shit about Supes or Wonder Woman.

Until Sups singled handedly takes out your entire force?
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #488 on: April 18, 2019, 01:23:56 AM »

Until Sups singled handedly takes out your entire force?

He can be beaten. It just takes a lot.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't