Author Topic: Cinematic Universe Discussions - COMICS  (Read 48463 times)

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
Re: Cinematic Universe Discussions - COMICS
« Reply #510 on: August 23, 2019, 05:12:52 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that these press releases are part of the last ditch negotiations from either side, trying to get public support behind their position.

I've yet to see a single shred of public support in favor of Sony :D

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #511 on: August 23, 2019, 05:29:21 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that these press releases are part of the last ditch negotiations from either side, trying to get public support behind their position.

I've yet to see a single shred of public support in favor of Sony :D

Actually, sentiments on reddit seemed to have shifted in Sony's favor, the last I saw.

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #512 on: August 23, 2019, 09:04:23 PM »
https://nerdbot.com/2019/08/22/stan-lees-daughter-says-marvel-never-respected-stan-sides-with-sony/?fbclid=IwAR36Qm0VCIKGunwjh2n1t1WeynAqlWq4P9W34TqCvY8M_VpEo2XR3FAtdJw

“Marvel and Disney seeking total control of my father’s creations must be checked and balanced by others who, while still seeking to profit, have genuine respect for Stan Lee and his legacy. Whether it’s Sony or someone else’s, the continued evolution of Stan’s characters and his legacy deserves multiple points of view. When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me. From day one, they have commoditized my father’s work and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency. In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives.”
    Joan Celia Lee speaking to TMZ

“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #513 on: August 23, 2019, 11:27:16 PM »
https://nerdbot.com/2019/08/22/stan-lees-daughter-says-marvel-never-respected-stan-sides-with-sony/?fbclid=IwAR36Qm0VCIKGunwjh2n1t1WeynAqlWq4P9W34TqCvY8M_VpEo2XR3FAtdJw

“Marvel and Disney seeking total control of my father’s creations must be checked and balanced by others who, while still seeking to profit, have genuine respect for Stan Lee and his legacy. Whether it’s Sony or someone else’s, the continued evolution of Stan’s characters and his legacy deserves multiple points of view. When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me. From day one, they have commoditized my father’s work and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency. In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives.”

I'm not diving into it because I really don't care enough to suss out the truth, but wasn't she the daughter accused of abusing Stan Lee and siphoning off money from him with his scummy lawyer?

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #514 on: August 24, 2019, 09:56:46 AM »

I'm not diving into it because I really don't care enough to suss out the truth, but wasn't she the daughter accused of abusing Stan Lee and siphoning off money from him with his scummy lawyer?

That was his assistant.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

personate-rain
personate-rain