Author Topic: Cinematic Universe Discussions - COMICS  (Read 49447 times)

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Cinematic Universe Discussions - COMICS
« Reply #495 on: May 19, 2019, 01:30:43 PM »
As long as Batman does not "sparkle" I'm willing to give the kid a shot.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #496 on: May 19, 2019, 02:10:32 PM »
Yep - thus my focus on Bruce instead of the suit.
I think we are thinking along the same lines.

Batman is my biggest fan boy property but I am fairly open minded about who should play him.
And very close minded as to which interpretations I want to see :laugh:

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #497 on: May 20, 2019, 06:51:17 AM »
As far as I'm concerned he missed his opportunity to play his greatest role.

Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #498 on: May 20, 2019, 08:07:52 AM »
As far as I'm concerned he missed his opportunity to play his greatest role.

You know I forgot about that movie entirely? I saw it on VHS in a friend's basement a few years after it came out. I'd never heard of it at all when I saw it, so every part of the movie was a surprise. It blew my mind at the time.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Captain Video

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #499 on: July 04, 2019, 02:16:09 PM »

I would like to see Miles Morales in the SMU as opposed Peter Parker. It would make more sense.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #500 on: July 04, 2019, 03:28:32 PM »

I would like to see Miles Morales in the SMU as opposed Peter Parker. It would make more sense.

Do you mean the MCU - or is there another shared universe for me to delve into?

I'd love to see Miles in the MCU, but I think I'd like to see Spider Gwen even more.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
« Reply #501 on: July 04, 2019, 03:36:59 PM »

I'd love to see Miles in the MCU, but I think I'd like to see Spider Gwen even more.

OK I see your point.  But, that panel is directly from one of the real life comics - I think is from the original spidey origin story, Amazing Fantasy #15. 
Now where I come from
-Uptown, Prince 👉

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #502 on: July 04, 2019, 03:38:26 PM »
I knew it was from a real comic, but didn't know it was from the origin story. Nice reference there!

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
« Reply #503 on: July 04, 2019, 03:44:53 PM »
I knew it was from a real comic, but didn't know it was from the origin story. Nice reference there!

Yes - It was from Amazing Fantasy #15.  Anyway - if you are an oldster comic book nerd, its a pretty famous panel.  They hit a number of these throughout the movie.  He also does a few famous cover art poses throughout the movie.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/8-of-the-coolest-details-we-learned-from-into-the-spide-1831966874

Now where I come from
-Uptown, Prince 👉

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #504 on: July 04, 2019, 04:14:26 PM »

Yes - It was from Amazing Fantasy #15.  Anyway - if you are an oldster comic book nerd, its a pretty famous panel.  They hit a number of these throughout the movie.  He also does a few famous cover art poses throughout the movie.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/8-of-the-coolest-details-we-learned-from-into-the-spide-1831966874

Thanks for the link! Great behind the scenes info. In #3 they say, "He eventually attaches himself to a Spider-Man comic book that sees protagonist Billy Barker going through a similar ordeal."

Now we know.

Offline Captain Video

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #505 on: July 05, 2019, 02:59:45 PM »

SMU= Sony Marvel Universe,  Venom, Morbius, Venom 2, Nightwatch, Kraven the Hunter, The Sinister Six

I believe Miles would bridge the gap better between universes for some people who may not understand the differences. Spiderverse made it much easier for the audience to accept the multi-verse concept.

Miles would fit in this universe better than Peter.  Peter didn't come in contact with the symbiote first because Peter is dead.  Miles has not had to deal with the more mature Spiderman villains and supergroups yet because he is still in the neighborhood crime phase of his youth. Stark is not helping Spider Man in this universe with tech. He cant go into space. He would have no reason to come in contact with the symbiote nor the Life Foundation.

It would make sense for Eddie Brock to investigate the new Spiderman in the future.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #506 on: July 06, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »

SMU= Sony Marvel Universe,  Venom, Morbius, Venom 2, Nightwatch, Kraven the Hunter, The Sinister Six

I believe Miles would bridge the gap better between universes for some people who may not understand the differences. Spiderverse made it much easier for the audience to accept the multi-verse concept.

Miles would fit in this universe better than Peter.  Peter didn't come in contact with the symbiote first because Peter is dead.  Miles has not had to deal with the more mature Spiderman villains and supergroups yet because he is still in the neighborhood crime phase of his youth. Stark is not helping Spider Man in this universe with tech. He cant go into space. He would have no reason to come in contact with the symbiote nor the Life Foundation.

It would make sense for Eddie Brock to investigate the new Spiderman in the future.

That makes sense. With Miles' spider being from not-his-Earth, I suspect he'll be able to travel the spiderverse without falling apart, so there would be a lot of opportunities for him to interact with the SMU characters. With the post-credits scene, we saw a Spiderman take on the animation style of the world he entered, rather than retaining his own universe's characteristics. Since that's possible, an animated Miles could become a live-action Miles in Venom's world (for example).

Offline Captain Video

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #507 on: August 21, 2019, 10:13:34 PM »
Goodbye MCU Spider man!

Hello SMU Spider man!

I guess we will see that Spiderman/Venom crossover after all.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2019/08/spider-man-sony-marvel-studios-deal-explained/

Sony has officially decided to take their ball and go home. As initially reported by Deadline (and later confirmed by Variety) Sony is considering ending their agreement with Marvel Studios to share the Spider-Man character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I have found other articles claiming this has already happened.

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #508 on: August 21, 2019, 11:41:47 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that these press releases are part of the last ditch negotiations from either side, trying to get public support behind their position.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #509 on: August 22, 2019, 05:58:04 AM »
Waiting for Venom to call Spidy "Pussy".  >:D
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

personate-rain