Author Topic: Has climate change 'helped Africa'?  (Read 757 times)

Offline JohnM

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Has climate change 'helped Africa'?
« on: June 04, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »

This is a phrase I've seen banded around in recent days after a press release from reading uni which was then heavily played upon by inept news reports. Listening to SGU has taught me to go to the source and later on I found this.

http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2015/06/factcheck-is-climate-change-helping-africa/

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
Re: Has climate change 'helped Africa'?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 02:25:56 PM »
Yeah, and it will also help Greenland and Antarctica by clearing out all that ice finally!
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Offline Sawyer

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:08:07 PM »
Today I was listening to some podcast where someone quipped "those British newspapers are so much smarter than American newspapers" (somewhat sarcastically).

Nice to see the Telegraph, Daily Mail, and Sunday Times all upholding those stellar standards in environmental reporting.

Offline Shibboleth

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 09:59:56 AM »
I am sure that it will help some people and suck for others. Nature as a whole will be more than fine. A lot of species will suffer but environmental pressures will play its part in evolution and there will be plenty of energy and water so animals and plants should flourish.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

personate-rain