Poll

When is the last time you have used a typewriter

Used one still today
0 (0%)
A couple of months or less
0 (0%)
Less than six months (but more than a couple of months)
0 (0%)
Less than a year but over six months
1 (3%)
In the last five years but over a year
0 (0%)
In the last ten years but over five years
1 (3%)
Greater than ten years but less than twenty
9 (27.3%)
More than twenty years (but I have used one)
22 (66.7%)
Never used a typewriter in my life
0 (0%)
What is this typewriter you ask about?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Typewriters - When is the last time you used one?  (Read 1900 times)

Offline EgeneBlankenship

• Banned
  • Not Enough Spare Time
Re: Typewriters - When is the last time you used one?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 01:08:07 PM »
I can't remember.  Maybe about 12 years ago.  My father has a Smith Corona Electric typewriter and we'd still use to make labels for certain things.

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 10:40:08 PM »
In 1999 I used an IBM Selectric III owned by the Classics department at the University of Vermont to type up my graduate school applications.  I composed all my responses in Ms Word and then typed them into the forms.  I swore when I was done that I would never do anything like that again.  Thankfully, I've never needed to.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 07:13:50 AM »
In 1999 I used an IBM Selectric III owned by the Classics department at the University of Vermont to type up my graduate school applications.  I composed all my responses in Ms Word and then typed them into the forms.  I swore when I was done that I would never do anything like that again.  Thankfully, I've never needed to.

The last few times I have done forms, I downloaded them in PDF and filled them out that way.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

personate-rain