Author Topic: Lore  (Read 1286 times)

Offline HighPockets

• Well Established
Lore
« on: October 25, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »
Lore Podcast.  So good. True life scary stories.

http://www.lorepodcast.com/episodes/

Episode 8 was when I was totally sold. Now I've had to get and start reading Devil in the White city.
Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.

Offline HighPockets

• Well Established
Re: Lore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:36:59 AM »
Well, if you haven't been listening you might want to catch up, apparently he's been approached to create a TV show based on the Podcast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/gale-anne-hurd-ben-silverman-886080

I know I'll be interested to see if anything comes of it, or if it dies on the vine.

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:36:02 AM »
Heh, just mentioned the podcast in another thread and then I saw this.

I do like it a lot, the dude has a good style and does actual research and provides more than just telling a story.

If only he had a more critical attitude towards woo... he is really embracing it at some points.

Offline HighPockets

• Well Established
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 01:27:49 PM »
I got the impression that he talks about supernatural stuff as a little tongue in cheek, Not so much that he believes it, but uses the sensationalism of it to drive the narrative.
I don't think that he's a "ghost hunter" just a clever storyteller.

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »
I got the impression that he talks about supernatural stuff as a little tongue in cheek, Not so much that he believes it, but uses the sensationalism of it to drive the narrative.
I don't think that he's a "ghost hunter" just a clever storyteller.

Sure thing, he is not a woo peddler, and I do see and understand how important the unknown is in scary stories, but he takes accounts of the supernatural at face value too eagerly at some points... Like the story about the dude allegedly seeing that Native American fairytale creature while walking his dog. Was it a great scary story? Yes. Did it happen? Absolutely no way. Was the latter fact hinted at? Nope.