Author Topic: YouTube poster Jon Bain (TotalBiscuit) has cancer again  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
YouTube poster Jon Bain (TotalBiscuit) has cancer again
« on: October 29, 2015, 05:13:54 PM »
And this time, apparently it's metastastized and perhaps untreatable. I'm pretty bummed. I don't think he'd quite call himself a skeptic but he brings a pretty skeptical flavor to his game reviews (sorry, "first impressions") and coverage of the video game industry. He recently went through with and apparently won an earlier battle with the disease but you know how cancer can be sometimes...
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline LeavingLasVegas

• Brand New
Re: YouTube poster Jon Bain (TotalBiscuit) has cancer again
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 08:56:47 PM »
AFAIK, it's not that he has it again, as in another form of cancer or a complete resurgance, but that the previous cancer wasn't completely eradicated and has spread (metastasized). My grandmother passed away last year when lung cancer suddenly developed and rapidly spread to her brain.

It's really sad to hear about Bain's condition. The recent Blood Bowl 2 cast with Jesse was really tough to listen to. He sounded weak or just really sad, which is completely understandable. The sad truth is that he is most likely going to die within a decade. I can only wish and hope that there is some breakthrough that prevents that from coming true.

I would take some mild umbrage with Bain being labeled skeptic, but I don't think  this is the time nor place to delve into such a discussion. I wish him and his family well and hope for the most positive of outcomes for them.
"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius..." -  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, (Sherlock Holmes) Valley of Fear