Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 6258 times)

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 10:12:05 AM »
They're basically vehicles now, as far as I can tell. You can get in and out of them, but they'll just stand where you left them, you can't carry them around in your pocket anymore. I'm not sure how necessary they really are and if it's possible to go through the game without using them.

I've heard that if you leave your Power Armor somewhere with an energy cell in it, an NPC might actually steal it.  Which is why I have two of these things already--I stole one from some raiders, then killed them all with it.

This Fallout has a lot more very high-powered enemies than I remember encountering in Fallout 3 or New Vegas.  I had to complete a mission up by Salem which was flooded with Legendary-level Mirelurks who also had the little "you don't want to do this" skull next to their names.  I was way underpowered, and spent most of the time running from objective to objective and toying with the limited movement of the Mirelurks. 

I'm not sure how necessary they are, but for the intro mission for the Brotherhood of Steel, I donned my Raider Armor and joined up in that regard.  I don't think it was necessary, but it certainly helped. 
http://fromnothinggamestudios.com/

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?"

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »
I've heard conflicting reports. Some people say NPCs steal power armor, others say that NPCs will get in power armor to defend themselves when attacked, then get out again. Maybe it depends on what kind of NPC it is? I don't actually own the game yet, so I'm just guessing based on what I saw in videos and read in other discussions online.

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »
I've heard conflicting reports. Some people say NPCs steal power armor, others say that NPCs will get in power armor to defend themselves when attacked, then get out again. Maybe it depends on what kind of NPC it is? I don't actually own the game yet, so I'm just guessing based on what I saw in videos and read in other discussions online.

Probably depends on the NPC and situation.  Regardless, I removed the energy cores from both of my suits while they're parked.  Better safe than sorry.  Then I have plenty power cells should I stumble upon another suit.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?"

Offline Louie

• Actually three chimps tag-teaming a keyboard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
  • Let the elephant make everything kushtee.
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 01:29:34 PM »
Someone's made a mod that replaces the sparse dialogue system with one that shows you exactly how you can respond. I think I'll give it a whirl.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?
"It can't end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa's last words (1923).

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2015, 09:11:36 AM »
I have 5 Power Suits now, and built a "garage" of sorts to display them all.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »

Screencaps or it didn't happen

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Stopped Going Outside
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »

Buddy of mine has thirty in his garage. I'll see if I can get him to make the pics public or send me some since they're FB hosted.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2015, 02:24:07 PM »

This is hardly an unbelievable accomplishment.  I'm at level 27.  I've had plenty of time to gather these all together.  My stolen Raider Power Armor is actually sitting at a different place.  I need to move it with the rest.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2015, 02:42:34 PM »

This is hardly an unbelievable accomplishment.  I'm at level 27.  I've had plenty of time to gather these all together.  My stolen Raider Power Armor is actually sitting at a different place.  I need to move it with the rest.

Oh I know, I just want to see your garage :)

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2015, 03:50:20 PM »
When you kill a dude wearing power armour, can you get his?  All I've been able to do is grab the apparel pieces, but the skeleton on which to have them I can't seem to loot.

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »

Oh I know, I just want to see your garage :)

I took my "actual" regular house, and added structures along the driveway to house my Power Armor.  I may move them into the obscenely large building I  started assembling in the cul-de-sac.  I'll have to take a picture at some point after I move my Raider Armor back in there.

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »
When you kill a dude wearing power armour, can you get his?  All I've been able to do is grab the apparel pieces, but the skeleton on which to have them I can't seem to loot.

I don't think so.  You have to find a suit with no one in it, and then climb inside.  I think I got lucky.  I wandered upon a building with a bunch of raiders inside and eventually noticed a piece of Power Armor sitting outside--this was very early on in the game, I was maybe level 3, so I got lucky right away.  No one was in the Power Armor, so I ran up to it, climbed inside, and then used it to kill all the Raiders--one of whom was, I think, a Legendary level. 

I wonder if you can coax guys out of their power armor...

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2015, 05:04:23 PM »

Pickpocket their fusion core.

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Stopped Going Outside
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2015, 12:50:46 AM »

Pickpocket their fusion core.

I was just gonna say that. Like most FO games the John Wilkes Booth/Carflos Hathcock is the best build once again, lagging behind Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer by just a hair. The ability to pickpocket fusion cores and essentially de-tank the tank is huge if you can pull it off.

Also IMO the laser musket is the best sniper in the game.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2015, 02:15:06 AM »
Also IMO the laser musket is the best sniper in the game.

Better than this?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:22:06 AM by Sordid »

personate-rain
personate-rain