Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 6249 times)

Offline Louie

• Actually three chimps tag-teaming a keyboard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
  • Let the elephant make everything kushtee.
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »
Also IMO the laser musket is the best sniper in the game.

No it isn't.

Well that's just excessive...

I finally found myself a Gauss Gun. Sure, it doesn't do anywhere near as much damage as the gun + perks combo in that vid, but it makes heads go SPLAT! very nicely. 

The game's suffering from the same old Bethesda levelling qualm, I agree... I'm level 40 now, and although I've boosted the difficulty from Hard to Very Hard around level 15 or so, I'm still breezing through it. The bugged McCready companion perk doesn't help: it's supposed to give you a very lovely accuracy bonus to headshots in V.A.T.S., but the bug gives pretty much all headshots a 95% success chance - even when the chance to hit any other part of the enemy's body is 0.

I'm considering going to Survival mode, I don't really like what that does. Sure, let enemies hit me harder, but don't turn them into bullet sponges that you have to grind away at. Sure, make ammo more rare - but not by making sure enemies take hundreds of bullets to die. That seems unimaginative, especially after the interesting ideas Obsidian implemented for the New Vegas survival mode.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:31:55 AM by Louie »
"It can't end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa's last words (1923).

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2015, 02:14:35 AM »
I'm stuck in the OCD loop of helping the settlements with their stupid raiders and ghouls.  Have to start ignoring that shit and finish the game.

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2015, 10:09:12 AM »
I'm stuck in the OCD loop of helping the settlements with their stupid raiders and ghouls.  Have to start ignoring that shit and finish the game.

Yeah, I'm a little annoyed that these things keep popping up.  On the other hand, I had to expand my Power Armor repository when I got up to 13 of them.  Basically, all I did when I played the game over my Xmas break was go on Power Armor hunts. 

My son and I almost finished Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, but that last boss battle is rough.
http://fromnothinggamestudios.com/

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?"

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2016, 10:37:37 AM »
Ressurrecting a dead thread because I just bought Fallout 4 on sale at steam.  Any recommendations for the newb?

personate-rain