Author Topic: Modern Flat-Earthism  (Read 5787 times)

Online Billzbub

• Frequent Poster
  • I know you know I know
Re: Modern Flat-Earthism
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »
How do you argue with people who say things like "The real value of pi is 4" and "there is no such thing as a perfect circle, its merely a theory". These two gems came amidst an argument I was having that gravity exists! You find yourself defending Physical Phenomena that have centuries of data to back them up while the FE community simply makes shit up!

A) "go back to highschool"
B) ignore them
C) argue until you are blue in the face
d) all the above

That didn't work for me in the latest mafia game.   :-\

Shameless plug: If you've never checked out our forum mafia section, the game I just linked that SQ is running is especially fun and epic.
Quote from: Steven Novella
gleefully altering one’s beliefs to accommodate new information should be a badge of honor

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Modern Flat-Earthism
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2018, 02:59:29 PM »
How do you argue with people who say things like "The real value of pi is 4" and "there is no such thing as a perfect circle, its merely a theory". These two gems came amidst an argument I was having that gravity exists! You find yourself defending Physical Phenomena that have centuries of data to back them up while the FE community simply makes shit up!
I  told one of my cousins that there were about two trillion galaxies in the Universe. He said "I know there are billions, I've heard of billionaires. But I've never heard of  a trillionaire, so I think you're making that up."
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41