Author Topic: Westworld - Spoiler Thread  (Read 20040 times)

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
Re: Westworld - Spoiler Thread
« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »
Binged on this earlier this year.  Loved Season 1; it’s a contender for the best single season of any series.  Season 2 was okay, but it would have been hard for it to match Season 1, and it didn’t.

People who binge Westworld seem to enjoy it more than those who watch it week to week.

All the secrets (of S1) had been picked apart by the internet early on and it was a grind waiting for the slow week by week reveal to show what we already knew.

S2 was just glacially slow on a week by week basis. We started at the end in Ep.1 and took 10 weeks to show how we got there.

The once a week model feels so outdated.

Offline 2397

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2018, 01:50:15 PM »
But how are you supposed to cancel something in the middle of a season otherwise?

Offline bimble

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2018, 01:37:32 PM »
Binged on this earlier this year.  Loved Season 1; it’s a contender for the best single season of any series.  Season 2 was okay, but it would have been hard for it to match Season 1, and it didn’t.

People who binge Westworld seem to enjoy it more than those who watch it week to week.

All the secrets (of S1) had been picked apart by the internet early on and it was a grind waiting for the slow week by week reveal to show what we already knew.

S2 was just glacially slow on a week by week basis. We started at the end in Ep.1 and took 10 weeks to show how we got there.

The once a week model feels so outdated.

I genuinely prefer a weekly episode reveal, over binging. But I do avoid spoilers of whatever I'm watching in that manner, if it is possible to watch it online earlier. Even tv series that I'm watching on dvd I'll rarely watch more than two episodes in a row (even those with 30 min episodes).

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »

didn't feel that way at all to me.
Season 1 was a very very slow paced kind of story,
and season 2 felt like OMG SO MUCH IS HAPPENING, EVERY EPISODE, to me. like 5 seasons of lost in one season.
half way through I started listening to the podcasts, too, and that was neat. wouldn't do that if I could marathon it.
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Online mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2018, 08:11:06 AM »
I really would have liked to spent another season in the park with guests and hosts doing guest and host things.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline 2397

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2018, 11:12:49 AM »
Or in a different park, focusing on different people/hosts. But I guess doing that isn't any more possible than it was in Heroes, and main characters have to carry over to the next season.

personate-rain