Author Topic: Anybody like Thriller novels?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Miami Ape

• Brand New
  • Miami Ape
Anybody like Thriller novels?
« on: December 07, 2015, 09:53:52 AM »
Hi- a very brief introduction: for a long time I was a spouter of pseudoscience and was published widely in the field of alternative health. After an exchange with Steve Novella while researching a book, my eyes were opened to what I was doing, and now I have no job.  :-\   Seeking some format to keep interacting meaningfully with the world, I spent the past year and a half writing a novel that explores the science vs. pseudoscience topic, specifically re alternative health, my old "religion."

Is there anybody out there who enjoys a (I hope) good thriller and would be willing to give me an honest opinion? It would be so helpful to get some insight from a skeptic familiar with these topics. Briefly, the novel is about a woman who has been kidnapped, and two men (an alternative-health TV doctor and a skeptical professor of anatomy) are forced to work together to find her. The book is called The Secret Body; it's in the Medical Thriller genre, with lots of action, clues that lead the characters around the world, and not a little bit of violence. It's a full-length novel, and would require a real commitment to read, so if you do volunteer to do so, I would take any comments you may have about it very seriously.

Sincerely,
Steve Capellini

Offline TimberGeek

• Off to a Start
Re: Anybody like Thriller novels?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 01:53:00 AM »
I'm fairly omnivorous when it comes to literature.  What format do you have it in?

Offline Miami Ape

• Brand New
  • Miami Ape
Re: Anybody like Thriller novels?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 02:52:39 PM »
Hi TimberGeek, I wrote this in a program called Scrivener and it can be output to any format you wish: WORD doc, PDF, e-book. It can be single-spaced or manuscript double spaced or paperback-novel formatted. I can print it out and mail it also if you prefer hard copy. It would mean a great deal to get your feedback. Sorry I didn't see your response earlier - this was my first post and I thought the forum would ping me if a response was posted.
Steve Capellini

personate-rain