Author Topic: Big Round Number Alert  (Read 1068 times)

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
Big Round Number Alert
« on: December 21, 2015, 09:47:53 PM »
1 year and 2000 posts for Brilligtove

I just noticed my profile changed. It turns out that I joined this community just over a year ago, with a post about evidence-based management on Dec 7, 2014. As of this topic I've now posted here 2002 times. Number 2000 could have been a snark or sargasmic joke, but I was lucky: I attempted to say something inelligent with the big round number. :)

It feels like I've been here a lot longer than a year. You people have become friends and companions, confidants and supporters, and the best kind of opponents - the kind who make you strong by challenging and provoking you. The last 12 months have been quite a roller coaster for me and my family, what with the Surprise Cellular Rebellion in my throat and the Day of the Short Knives. You were there for the seven weeks being blasted by the Photonic Flashlight of Death with a side of Careful Poisoning by Careful Poisoners.

The people here were - are still - a big part of my intellectual and emotional health. I can't thank you enough.

Be well.

-brilligtove
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online Mr. Beagle

• Frequent Poster
Re: Big Round Number Alert
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 09:56:55 PM »
We continue to wish you improved health!

Mister Beagle
The real world is tri-color

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Valuum
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:01:07 PM »
Thank you Mr. Beagle. Much appreciated.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline petrolpetal

• Well Established
  • more naive and foolish than people realise
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 02:56:19 AM »
You fit in perfectly right from the start - and your eloquent, thought provoking and often just plain hilarious posts are highlights.

You certainly did pack a lot of shit into 2015 ... but it's almost 2016 and I'm hearing your energy building. 2016 will be good, I'm sure of it!

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 09:49:31 AM »
Much love and appreciation back atcha, ya big blue ape.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:54:17 AM »
Frankly I find I don't agree with your posts a good chunk of time, but that only makes them more valuable to me.  Echo chambers are a terrible place to learn something new.

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Valuum
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 10:07:48 AM »
Somehow I didn't see the comments from petrolpetal and ABQ until Superdave's post.

Thanks, folks.

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Valuum
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 11:08:25 PM »
A while ago I crossed 4000 posts. Not sure when. I took a sabbatical from this and other social media for a while: my mental and emotional resilience has been pretty weak.

Online Mr. Beagle

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 07:35:06 AM »
A while ago I crossed 4000 posts. Not sure when. I took a sabbatical from this and other social media for a while: my mental and emotional resilience has been pretty weak.
it's good to see you posting again.. Your perspective is needed.
Mister Beagle
The real world is tri-color

personate-rain